Focke-Wulf 190A

It's a 100" w.s. I have no idea what I'll be putting in it for power. It's still a long ways from being ready for G3.5 or G4

a da 100 would do for that size plane, but please make it for g3, because i dont plan on getting g4 unless if i can download it free

or for added speed, wich a friend of mine did he has a 190 size though, he put a da150, that was tuned so perfectly it sounds scale with the prop he used, and its also fast, ill ask him what size prop and stuff he used

u heard me

im only 13 and if i even apply for a job no one will hire not even 16 year olds unless they are lucky i have no cash, an my dad thinks its a waste of money and that i should be happy that i even have the planes and helis i do

an my dad thinks its a waste of money and that i should be happy that i even have the planes and helis i do

That's a good dad you have there! Honestly the younger generation needs to appreciate what they have. You have to live within your means. If something is too expensive and you can't afford it.....but want it? Save up.....work for it, mow some lawns, shovel some driveways, etc. You'll appreciate and take care of it more than if it was just given to you.

You'll be happy you have a good work ethic and a good financial sense when you get older! (save NOW for the things you want LATER)

great statement pplace. I completely agree with you there. But anyways, the 190's looking great. maybe you can give me some pointers for the cockpit on the 40 and 61 :D lol...j/k...I think I can manage those

I think I can manage those

Yeah I think so.....I just looked at the post of the 40 and 61 they are looking nice! I just wish I'd have more time to help you along! Judging by how slow the progress on my 190 has been......I wouldn't be of much help. (that and if we were using all the same programs it would be easier to describe the help)

Can't wait to see your 2 planes on the swaps

lol....yeah, having the same programs would make things easier, but I'm using mostly the same programs that phrank uses and he's helped me along in that area. As for helping me, I think the 109 would be a lot further along had you not been nice enough to take on pivot points in the 52 and the Connie for me

pplace said:
I've gone back and have been tinkering around on my F-82 twin mustang that I never finished 100% due to a pile of minor problems
What do you mean not finished. I have flown it and to me it is great. But if you are making it better I sure am looking forward to the improvments whatever they may be.

That was before I posted it on the swaps.......it's as far finished as I care to take it now

Well I know I'm getting closer to the end of the modeling part when I start cutting out the control surfaces!!! I've got them all finished (view pictures below...with and without surfaces)

I've still got plenty of little minor detail items to do before I export it to 3ds for the pivots, mapping etc. but I feel like it's getting closer now!

Attachments

• FW-190A (ss13).jpg
    FW-190A (ss13).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • FW-190A (ss14).jpg
    FW-190A (ss14).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 24
  • FW-190A (ss15).jpg
    FW-190A (ss15).jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 21
progress

Was busy working on the FW-190A last night. I've got in imported into G4. I wasn't even thinking at the time......because my G3.5 controller is at work now. I only realized this when I went to bed.

Now I can't revert it back to G3.5 unless I make another complete flight model for it? It might not be that hard as long as I know all the parameters to use. Except there are so many little items on this plane that I would need to add again....

I've got all the normal functions on the airplane:

Throttle
Ailerons
Elevator
Rudder

Along with:

Flaps
Retracts
Opening Canopy
Canopy lever inside cockpit turns also
Control stick in cockpit moves with aileron and elevator inputs
Rudder pedals in cockpit move with rudder inputs
Cowl Vents (6) open and close with throttle input (see attached pictures below)

I have a rough flight model working pretty good, so I can now work all the bugs out of it and fine tune it from there. I will soon start the mapping for the color scheme, and lastly create the color scheme for it. (Any ideas and suggestions are welcome)

I would then possibly duplicate all the flight physics information into G3.5 so it is usable. (Since I did start this project for G3.5) From now on out I will probably only do models for G4. Since I won't (or hardly ever) have my G3.5 controller at home to work on the projects.

In the attached pictures you'll notice two of them look nearly identical: The only differences are showing the canopy open or closed and also the side vents (3 per side) on the fuse. These work in tandem with the throttle!

Attachments

• FW-190A (1).jpg
    FW-190A (1).jpg
    290 KB · Views: 29
  • FW-190A (2).jpg
    FW-190A (2).jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 27
  • FW-190A (3).jpg
    FW-190A (3).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 29
  • FW-190A (4).jpg
    FW-190A (4).jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 20
pplace said:
Was busy working on the FW-190A last night. I've got in imported into G4. I wasn't even thinking at the time......because my G3.5 controller is at work now. I only realized this when I went to bed.

Now I can't revert it back to G3.5 unless I make another complete flight model for it? It might not be that hard as long as I know all the parameters to use. Except there are so many little items on this plane that I would need to add again....

I've got all the normal functions on the airplane:

Throttle
Ailerons
Elevator
Rudder

Along with:

Flaps
Retracts
Opening Canopy
Canopy lever inside cockpit turns also
Control stick in cockpit moves with aileron and elevator inputs
Rudder pedals in cockpit move with rudder inputs
Cowl Vents (6) open and close with throttle input (see attached pictures below)

I have a rough flight model working pretty good, so I can now work all the bugs out of it and fine tune it from there. I will soon start the mapping for the color scheme, and lastly create the color scheme for it. (Any ideas and suggestions are welcome)

I would then possibly duplicate all the flight physics information into G3.5 so it is usable. (Since I did start this project for G3.5) From now on out I will probably only do models for G4. Since I won't (or hardly ever) have my G3.5 controller at home to work on the projects.

In the attached pictures you'll notice two of them look nearly identical: The only differences are showing the canopy open or closed and also the side vents (3 per side) on the fuse. These work in tandem with the throttle!
I suppose this is why the poll on G3.5 G4 usage ?

I was wondering a little as to what you mean about "another complete flight model " is this just the G3.5 physics ? or will it need to be another set of files (Kex etc) Yeah :) I'm clueless when it comes to importing. so if you could describe the difference (Just the difference) between importing the Kex into G3.5 and G4.

(Is it because of the switch reversal thing or ??

Anyway, If it goes into G4 (As it already is) and you would like a hand getting it setup (Aircraft editor wise) in G3.5, I would like to put my hand up as some one who would like to help there. (It may be best if It goes into G4 first and is finished, then <After I get G4> I copy it by hand for G3.5 ?)​

If this dose happen. would it be best that Aircraft are labeled G3.5 or should it be kept different by the suffix. .g3x .RFx (IE should there be a G3.5 in the Plane Title ?)

Bryce.

PS. Good work again PPlace.

pplace,
The .rfvehicle files look a lot like the .plng3 files on G3,
I'm guessing the Physics can be ported over to G3 simply by copying
the .rfvehicle over to the G3 folder and renaming them.

I haven't tried it of course, but could be a good lead to follow.

Frank...

Last edited:
Bryce,

I might have explained it wrong? Or maybe it's just hard to explain?

I suppose what I meant is:

As far as importing the actual KEX file there is no difference between G3.5 and G4

It is easier to make the model for G3.5 as it is exported as the .G3X file type which CAN also be imported into G4 with VERY minor changes (switch reversals)

But if you do the model in G4 it is exported as a .RFX file type it CAN NOT be imported into G3.5 as it will not recognize it.

So short story: G3.5 models work in G4-----------G4 models don't work in G3.5

Phrank,

I'll have to check that out as that would simplify the matter. If not it's just a matter of setting all the parameters exactly the same for the G3.5 wire frame model. Time consuming yes........but not as time consuming as creating it from nothing like the first time a model is imported.

Makes Sense :)

Thanks PPlace for the insight into the new workings for RF. I am still waiting for mine to arrive by special Carrier :)

Bryce

Back