Focke-Wulf 190A

Cockpit pics

Worked a bit more on the FW-190 cockpit this afternoon. I haven't had a chance in the last week or so to hardly get on my computer.

I'm fairly happy with how the final cockpit turned out....there are a few more things I need to do before I consider it finished, but for the most part it's done.

I've mentioned this before but: The control stick moves with correct inputs, rudder pedals move and also the lever on the right side of the cockpit rotates when the canopy closes.

Attachments

• FW-190A (5).jpg
    FW-190A (5).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 30
  • FW-190A (6).jpg
    FW-190A (6).jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 31
  • FW-190A (7).jpg
    FW-190A (7).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
myfly021 said:
will this be compatible with g3.5 or not i hope it is ive been dying to fly this thing

I plan to go back and do the physics on this model so it will work for 3.5 From now on though all my models will only be G4 compatible

Fw-190

Looks GREAT!!! I always thought the FW-190 was a cool looking aircraft. And I agree with you that the short nose version is the neatest.

I started doing a rough C.S. for the FW-190

I'm kind of mixing a couple schemes that I like together....but mainly will be sticking with the attached reference profile. In addition to that I added the "Bird" onto the side of the fuse (to help dress it up a bit more)

Now bear in mind this is a rough layout of the C.S. I need to "dirty" it up a lot!! Need to add all the panel lines, chips, weathering etc. I also think I am going to darken the top fuse color quite a bit more after I see it in G4 (also take note I still need to add more of the "splotch" of the dark color onto the lighter fuse color)

I only have the left side of the fuse started (no wings, gear doors, rear canopy, etc.) I just wanted to get a general idea of the layout and if I would like it or not. I do!!

Attachments

• CSundin.jpg
    CSundin.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 14
  • FW-190A (8).jpg
    FW-190A (8).jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 42
  • FW-190A (9).jpg
    FW-190A (9).jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 26
Awesome

It looks great. Can't wait for it to come out. Your planes will be missed in G3.5. I just hope the physics isn't so hard to convert, so the group of us who don't feel the need to upgrade can still enjoy your work. Great job :D

if you can get it into g3.5 ill do the physics for you so you can take a break or just get a head start on your next model :p :cool: :D

sorry to get off task but what is your next model

myfly021 said:
if you can get it into g3.5 ill do the physics for you so you can take a break or just get a head start on your next model :p :cool: :D

sorry to get off task but what is your next model

Thanks for the offer but the physics will be 99% the same as G4. I just have to make each parameter the same (or see if I am able to copy the file from G4 into G3.5) The hard part of getting it to fly (halfway right) has been done. From now it's just the "re-doing" it part that's left. Shouldn't take an hour once I get to it.

As for my next project:

I've got the "Rare Bear" reno racer (Bearcat) started. Then I will probably move onto my A6M2-N (A zero with center fuse float and wingtip floats)

pplace said:
Thanks for the offer but the physics will be 99% the same as G4. I just have to make each parameter the same (or see if I am able to copy the file from G4 into G3.5) The hard part of getting it to fly (halfway right) has been done. From now it's just the "re-doing" it part that's left. Shouldn't take an hour once I get to it.

As for my next project:

I've got the "Rare Bear" reno racer (Bearcat) started. Then I will probably move onto my A6M2-N (A zero with center fuse float and wingtip floats)
man can u please make the rare bear for g3.5 as well i love that plane ive been searching for one of those all over please please please.

so when will it be on the swaps, an estimate will do

so when will it be on the swaps, an estimate will do

The FW-190A? Couple weeks. It seems I've only been able to get an hour or so into the project every few days. Possibly being a short (holiday) week I might get more done. I haven't decided if I'll be working Friday or not. If I don't I could possibly get it up this weekend (But I wouldn't hold my breath)

"Rare Bear"? Too far away to estimate a time frame. As far as G3.5, I'll have to see how easy the G4 - G3.5 transition is with the FW-190A before I commit to this.

Just curious if anyone knows or has reference pictures of how the top / bottom of the wings and h-stabs would be for the attached C.S.? Any pictures would be appreciated.

pplace said:
The FW-190A? Couple weeks. It seems I've only been able to get an hour or so into the project every few days. Possibly being a short (holiday) week I might get more done. I haven't decided if I'll be working Friday or not. If I don't I could possibly get it up this weekend (But I wouldn't hold my breath)

"Rare Bear"? Too far away to estimate a time frame. As far as G3.5, I'll have to see how easy the G4 - G3.5 transition is with the FW-190A before I commit to this.

if u cant get the transfer to work just get it into g3 for the rare bear, and ill take care of the rest if u would like ill do this for all your planes so that g3.5 flyers can enjoy them as well

hi there,
i would like to say what awesome work you do and to tell you how relived i am that you are making this model compatible W G3.5, i have been looking for an A model FW-190 for a while. i would have made it myself...but i dont know anything about 3-d modeling :( anyway i have alot of info on the Fw-190. and the one thing i have noticed on the Fw-190 fleet throughout the war is that the fuselages changed late in the war ( for the A7-8 models) but the top camo stayed pretty much the same. so yuuo could probably be safe by using that sceme. u could probably use RLM 74 (GRÜNGRAU) and RLM 75 (GRAUVIOLETT) i have attaches some pictures that could help. ant wait to see it finished!!!

on picture 03.jpg the correct common sceme is the one on the left.

Attachments

• schnell_fw190a4_asym_top.jpg
    schnell_fw190a4_asym_top.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 15
Been working a bit more on the C.S. for the FW-190A I redid the fuse (same scheme just better with the addition of some weathering and the panel lines)

I've also now got the main wing finished top and bottom (also with panel lines) I've just got the h. stab / elevator and rudder yet to do. Along with a few minor items (gear doors, spinner, etc.)

I think a couple more days and it'll be on the swaps!

Attachments

• FW-190A (10).jpg
    FW-190A (10).jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 20
  • FW-190A (11).jpg
    FW-190A (11).jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 22
  • FW-190A (12).jpg
    FW-190A (12).jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 19
  • FW-190A (13).jpg
    FW-190A (13).jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 20
Your models are getting better and better. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable time and talents with us.

Frank...

phrank said:
Your models are getting better and better. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable time and talents with us.

Frank...

Thank you! Wish I could still put more time towards my projects though.

Update

Just wanted to let anyone that's following along or just plain curious:

G4: I am for all practical purposes finished with the FW-190A. I just can't seem to stop working and tweaking on little items though!! I went back and adjusted and improved a few items on the C.S. a few flight physics changes here and there......but I just wanted some more flying time with it to make sure it was as good as I can get it before it's posted for everyone.

As far as G3.5: I'm waiting to hear back from a certain forum member about "swapping" the files from G4 to G3.5 (he isn't sure it will work...but wanted to test his theory for future projects as well) if it doesn't work I'll just manually set the physics up again.

I would kind of like to post both G3.5 and G4 versions at the same time.....so for everyone who's saying: "I don't care about all the above information WHEN is it going to be available!!!haha"

Either really late tonight or tomorrow would be my answer. (unless I run into an unforseen problem)

I will post updated screen shots along with the model information in this thread at that time also!! I really hope everyone enjoys this model!!

Last edited:
Back