Formal address to KE concerning the ratings

I don't believe Brields meant to speak in plural. He was referring to a single person, in statement, and in intention. Like Boof said, and as you know, the ratings problem goes back to the beginnings of the ratings itself.

By the way I do agree that some complaining from other members helps. What he said was just a little left handed.

Of course the ratings were flawed from the beginning
..But the withholding of new EAs is a NEW thing ,,Average users ARE AFFECTED by the strike
And that effects a causal user in a way that has never affected them before...no new EAs

Sorry I didn't and still don't think he was referring to jonathon...either way , weather he meant jonathon or not .....hes affected ...no denying that

Never was denying that. I was taking umbrage with his comment about a single member being the catalyst for this strike. Why would you think that I don't think our withholding files affects the casual user? That's just silly. We are all unhappy about the way things are right now.

Because I think what brields was just trying to say was
that the average user is affected by this because of some bad apples
which is true
weather or not it was jonaton who started this is really irreverent
at one point you got upset and threatened to stop creating EAs for the swaps.....you've put up with the ratings BS for a long time ,
if not jonathon ( I know its was not just because of him ) there MUST have been something that happened that made you mad enough to post that thread ....the proverbial straw that broke the camels back ....you did not just wake up one day and all of a sudden say "THAT IT I'M DONE !...with out something sticking in your side

I am committed to the strike
The ratings are flawed
always were and always will be if they don't get rid of the system .
there ARE MANY reasons to get rid of it

Last edited:
I thought I was clear about my reasonings in further arguments. I posted the Goblin and got the silent ratings again. Who ever thought it would be a good idea to protect the malicious among us anyways. I decided that instead of letting that bother me anymore I could just stop subjecting my files to that kind of abuse.
I agree with everything you have said Maj, but I still believe Breilds knew what he was saying. Don't you think there are some out there who are ticked with we designers for doing this, and not KE? That is how Breilds came across to me with his statements. I don't care about the vocal, and named voters. Those silent votes have always been my biggest problem with the ratings.

I thought I was clear about my reasonings in further arguments. I posted the Goblin and got the silent ratings again. Who ever thought it would be a good idea to protect the malicious among us anyways. I decided that instead of letting that bother me anymore I could just stop subjecting my files to that kind of abuse.
I agree with everything you have said Maj, but I still believe Breilds knew what he was saying. Don't you think there are some out there who are ticked with we designers for doing this, and not KE? That is how Breilds came across to me with his statements. I don't care about the vocal, and named voters. Those silent votes have always been my biggest problem with the ratings.

I'm sorry for seeming to be ticked at you guys. I'm not. I'm just saying that you guys create such fine work, that when something like this happens, it effects the people who
actually appreciate it. And I know i may have put a few misplaced words in my comment, but I hope you all understand me now.

Last edited:
like I said
The reason is really irrelevant ......
The ratings should be gotten rid of for so many different reasons ...pick one...errr ......I guess you did !

I'm just glad that we at least got a promise that they will do something this time ...instead of crickets
I'm tired of rant threads

Last edited:
I'm glad to see the time come to get the ball rolling on this. I too believe that input from the community here could be useful for KE. At the end of the day, as it has been said, its your software. If you do not make the software we are out of another hobby. I think that some good things have been said here on how to address the issue but we all do need to keep in mind that it is not likely that the end solution will appease ALL of the masses. I think that is why KE will be taking its time on the subject. Its in their best interest to do so to maintain integrity of their software and forum. I just hope that all of us can keep an open mind and adjust to any changes, if there are any at all!

I can see very clearly the reasons KE has made changes in the past and the reasons why the rating system is even there. I also can clearly see the frustrations had across the board among the content creators. I think in this situation we are all in a democratic dictatorship. KE is clearly acknowledging our voices but ultimately what they say goes. Kind of like the way I raise my kids. My Daughter just asked for an iPhone5, Blackberry, and Nintendo DS for Christmas. I heard her voice but its highly unlikely she will get any of that at all!

Just sayin.

Of course KE can do as they wish to do in their forums. As contributors, we maintain the same right to post new files or not, as we see fit. We have been very clear as to what changes we want to the swap pages. The ratings system is completely unnecessary, and should be removed. It is far to easy to be abusive, and that will never stop. The abuse started when the ratings started, and continues to this day.

I looked through the ratings and I saw lots of quality comments. Those comments are helpful to newcomers as they try to find files. Deleting those doesn't do anyone any good.

As far as I can tell it's just a few stinkers causing trouble. I can understand having a strong emotional reaction to that activity, but I don't see why you would want the good comments removed as well.

Jim

I'm confused. Does this mean you won't be changing anything here? Download count is a fine measure of a quality file. I think most would see it the same way. The best case scenario would be to see the "Highest rated" tab become a list of EAs regardless of version and the ratings and comment system removed. This would make it far easier to find what one is looking for without wading through pages of fluff. Once they see download count the decision should be easy.
Comments could work the other way as well. A quality file with unfair thoughtless comments scaring away would-be downloaders.

I agree that the rating system isn't working. I'm not sure I agree that abolishing it helps you.

We're still looking into it.

Jim

wtf

What is this ?

Its not a game to be the best uploader or designer ... that site is free ... and we may use them ... for us ... any matters not understood ? Don't be a Chicken !

So shut up and go create a new aircraft for the users !!! :p

What is this ?

Its not a game to be the best uploader or designer ... that site is free ... and we may use them ... for us ... any matters not understood ? Don't be a Chicken !

So shut up and go create a new aircraft for the users !!! :p

I don't understand your post? Who is this directed at bourke or the model makers?

Back