FW-190A Large

BrokeDad

Here's something I've been working on. It's a large sized FW-190A around the same size as many of technoids models like the Cherokee. I figured it could be made better using one of his engines and sound profiles as well as better physics. I also added exhaust and guns. The guns converge together a certain distance out. A cockpit and tail cam have been added. The controls in the cockpit are animated. I realize there may be one like this on swaps so hopefully this one is better. I'm posting it here as an EA but it's based on an existing model and if posted to swaps will be an AV. It has the same occasional bouncing problem technoid is getting in his X3F model so the landing gear is just scale retracts. I haven't found a good way to stop it using springy scale retracts.

This model is set up for the Interlink DX so if you aren't using that you will need to move things around to your liking. Controls are as follows:

Retracts - Switch H
Guns - Switch A
Brakes - Switch F
Flaps - Switch D
Canopy - Switch B

Attachments

• ScreenShot1599501151.jpg
    ScreenShot1599501151.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenShot1599522611.jpg
    ScreenShot1599522611.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 20
  • FW-190A LARGE_EA.RFX
    3 MB · Views: 24
That EA is from clear back in the RF 3.5 days isn't it? I remember flying the snot outa one back then, if memory serves me it was a very well thought out and great flying EA. I'll definitely check this out when I get off work in the morning .

That EA is from clear back in the RF 3.5 days isn't it? I remember flying the snot outa one back then, if memory serves me it was a very well thought out and great flying EA. I'll definitely check this out when I get off work in the morning .

It had a lot going for it which is why I figured a nice large version for RF9 was well deserved. I'm sure you will enjoy flying this one too. I always put a lot of time into getting the physics just right when I up-size a model. I've learned quite a bit from the folks here over all the years.

It looks like an EA that pplace did in 2007 for RF 3.5, so I think you`re right Rc51, I did a CS for it and a new Inst. panel if anyone wants to check my files, not sure if they`ll work though on this, as it`s an EA instead of an AV...???

It looks like an EA that pplace did in 2007 for RF 3.5, so I think you`re right Rc51, I did a CS for it and a new Inst. panel if anyone wants to check my files, not sure if they`ll work though on this, as it`s an EA instead of an AV...???

Here's the AV .. I was just saving people the task of downloading the original. Your CS's will work. I will only post the AV to swaps once people have a chance to test it out. In no way will I not give due credit to the original creator. I would NEVER post an EA to swaps that wasn't mine.

Original plane here: https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/fw-190a_ea.3743/

If folks want they can delete the EA above and download both of these. Just right click on the model in the list and select delete.

Attachments

• FW-190A Large_AV.RFX
    535.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I hope you didn't`t get me wrong BD, I didn`t mean too imply that you would release it as an EA, IF that`s the way you took my comment, I know that you know better than to do that... :) :) and I did read your first post...??

I hope you didn't`t get me wrong BD, I didn`t mean too imply that you would release it as an EA, IF that`s the way you took my comment, I know that you know better than to do that... :) :) and I did read your first post...??

I kinda figured that I just wanted to be sure it was clear to everyone. Ryan Douglas/KE recently removed a couple of EA's I reported that were my AV's somebody re-posted as EA's to swaps.

This definitely needs a weathered skin too! Wonderful build! Did you skin the ~Canopy name in the modelling process..? The inside of the canopy seems to have uh, disappeared...

Any chance of being provided a UV map as well as a default skin to work with?

This definitely needs a weathered skin too! Wonderful build! Did you skin the ~Canopy name in the modelling process..? The inside of the canopy seems to have uh, disappeared...

Any chance of being provided a UV map as well as a default skin to work with?

As stated this is based on an old existing model so I don't have any of the original files the creator made. There is an object called ~CS_Canopy in the list of objects for it. The CS in the EA I posted above is his original one.

The canopy is retractable. So be sure you don't have it switched open. The glass does appear clear from the inside.

Attachments

• CS_Canopy.jpg
    CS_Canopy.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I guess this will be the final version. The right side exhaust placement has been fixed (thanks technoid for finding that). I also added smoke on Switch G. I put back the springy scale retracts even though it "dances" every now and then. It's so much nicer on landing and also taxiing since the wheel pivots are off which I can't fix.

Attachments

• FW-190A LARGE_EA.RFX
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • FW-190A Large_AV.RFX
    535.8 KB · Views: 6
Back