G2 still online?????

Manual Registration of G2

Mucaro, you're making a big jump there. There's no dirty trick involved. G2 has been out of support for years. The fact that the registration server is down is more or less just bad luck at this point. That's why I was asking if there was a way to trick G2 into thinking it was registered.

I don't think that's a big jump. I have tons of old games and most are still playable on-line. I know this is not a game (and it's not priced as one either), and for that same reason I take it more seriously. In the end, it's my money and I spend it any way I want. If I feel they didn't provide a good deal, I have the genuine right to face the other way. Don't you think so?

Nobody can tell you how to spend your money, if that's what you're asking. But you're also one of an extreme few who have not upgraded RF by now. G4.5 has a very low demand to it, compared to the games you're talking about. Imagine how much less demand there is now for G2? Next to none.

Jeff, I'm not in the extreme few. Read posts #10 and #19. I also own G4.5. I just expected more for my money.

I'm pretty sure Knife Edge is in this market for the money (like any other fine enterprise would). I don't care if they sell or not, it's not my problem. All I care about is spending my hobby money wisely. Now, if they don't want to corrode their customer base, they should care about what we say. One reason for writing our opinions here is to let them know how we feel so they can change their tactics and we all benefit.

My mistake. I forgot you have 4.5 as well. But I still maintain that you can't expect support for a program as old as G2, given the narrow customer base the RC sim software industry has as a whole. Remember, you can update G2 to the latest available release by Installing AddOns#5. I know mp won't work, but even G4.5 documentation says MP may not always be available.

Last edited:
Back