G4.5 heli's drifts left - cant fix?

aiRhoG

New member
Hi does anyone else have this issue with real flight? The helicopters always drift left upon lift off no matter how much calibrating or adjusting they always drift left! I have purchased Real flight 3 and Real flight 4.5 and both of them do the same thing!

I have tried everything including purchasing the top of the line 7 Channel Spectrum Helicopter Radio and connecting it to the real flight controller (same result!) Is this in the programming? I love this simulator but this is really P_SS_ng me off now!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance from the AirHog :eek: ………. If you ever fly with me you will see why!
 

Spareparts

New member
Are you saying that they drift left more than a real heli would?

I'd say it was normal for a heli except when you say you can't trim it out. I think its a mistake to trim out the heli's natural drift (due to the tail rotor), but if you can't trim the heli to drift right, then something is wrong.

Edit: I think the best controller to use with RealFlight is the Interlink Elite that comes with it.
 
Last edited:

aiRhoG

New member
Yes, I agree with you that there is some drift on the real thing. but what I am saying is that it will actually just start drifting left even on the ground as you start to power up! Thanks for your comments! AirHog.....
 

jeffpn

Well-known member
Of course. You have to counteract that yourself. Stock aircraft in RF really don't require any trims.
 

aiRhoG

New member
jeffpn said:
Of course. You have to counteract that yourself. Stock aircraft in RF really don't require any trims.

Hmmmm Ok so I guess you have a great point and have proven something here, you have the same issue! I realize that you do have to compensate for any adjustment discrepancies if there are any, but I would think that you should be able to get to absolute (0) on all control adjustments and the heli should just fly neutral on lift off then you are really flying a well balanced aircraft and would not have to be compensating through all your aerobatics as well which really kinda suks...
 

aiRhoG

New member
Chris McVey said:
Have you calibrated your controller?


Thanks Chris McVey

Oh yea, I have worn out that part of the program! I have two different versions and controllers as well and the 7 channel radio and all have been calibrated and re-calibrated countless times, I really would not have posted this thread without the obvious fix's, but I really appreciate your help... the Hog out.... :D
 

K-n-D

Banned
aiRhoG said:
...but I would think that you should be able to get to absolute (0) on all control adjustments and the heli should just fly neutral on lift off then you are really flying a well balanced aircraft and would not have to be compensating through all your aerobatics as well which really kinda suks...
I wasn't aware that any chopper flys without churning the stick like you're making butter. You're constantly countering any drift the chopper wants to do. My sim choppers do it, my R/C choppers do it, and my H500 (full size) does it. That's the thrill of heli's!!!!

The only heli I've seen fly without constant correction is the co-axial version.
 

aiRhoG

New member
K-n-D said:
I wasn't aware that any chopper flys without churning the stick like you're making butter. You're constantly countering any drift the chopper wants to do. My sim choppers do it, my R/C choppers do it, and my H500 (full size) does it. That's the thrill of heli's!!!!

The only heli I've seen fly without constant correction is the co-axial version.

Thank YOU! Now that makes sense to me, I think you have solved my problem! It must designed into the programming for realism, I was curious if other peeps that purchased this were having the same experience.

Thanks.... :cool:
 

K-n-D

Banned
jeffpn said:
I think spareparts said the same thing in post #2.


Did he just say, 'Peeps?' :rolleyes:
Yeah, but I didn't mention the tail rotor. Well... at least the rest of my response was original. I apologize for having that phrase in my reply. :rolleyes:
 

opjose

Well-known member
We need a sticky titled:

"Yes REAL Helis drift left! - Don't ask! "

As this question gets asked so often.
 

aiRhoG

New member
opjose said:
We need a sticky titled:

"Yes REAL Helis drift left! - Don't ask! "

As this question gets asked so often.

Yes I should have done more research at this website then I would not have came of like a total noob ..... crash and burn! :D
 

aiRhoG

New member
K-n-D said:
Yeah, but I didn't mention the tail rotor. Well... at least the rest of my response was original. I apologize for having that phrase in my reply. :rolleyes:

Thanks again! You put me on to the truth, and after researching real helicopters, you were right on the money, Now can you please take me for a ride in your real heli? I will need to see proof for myself.... LOL Thanks...later :cool:
 

K-n-D

Banned
aiRhoG said:
Thanks again! You put me on to the truth, and after researching real helicopters, you were right on the money, Now can you please take me for a ride in your real heli? I will need to see proof for myself.... LOL Thanks...later :cool:
No need to thank me again. That was a sarcastic reply to jeffpn, who always has some smart *** comment. Part of why I never post on here!! I must be bored today...

Wanna ride? I'll take ya up in my Christen Eagle, too. Pay for fuel and I get more aerobatic hours - from mild to wild...
 
Last edited:

321

New member
Just to be clear, real RC helis with a clockwise main rotor rotation drift left. Almost all of the pod and boom models turn clockwise. But real scale RC helis and real get-in-and-drive helis often have a counterclockwise rotation and therefore drift right.
 

aiRhoG

New member
321 said:
Just to be clear, real RC helis with a clockwise main rotor rotation drift left. Almost all of the pod and boom models turn clockwise. But real scale RC helis and real get-in-and-drive helis often have a counterclockwise rotation and therefore drift right.


Good to know, thanks, so I wont crash my new full size! I wish! :D
 
Top