G4 in the UK

charles.16

I have G3.5 and add ons 2and 4 and I have contacted my model shop friend to find out if and when the new G4 outfit will be on the shelves, and what the price will be in £s, also what if any the rebate will be, he could not tell me, though he did know of the G4 and had it on order, He is going to contact me as soon as its in. reading other peoples mail makes me wonder if any of the types on the add ons will be transferable, as I am very interested in seeing an electric powered version of the Yak 54 (1200mm span) on the G4 outfit. I suppose patience is the name of the game.

opjose said:
I think that rebates and merchandise credits are handled somewhat independantly, and I hope that you MAY see something later.

How did you purchase your copy?

Bought it at an online hobby store over here (Germany not UK though). Doesn't matter though - even if I'd bought in the US, I'd still be no resident of the US or Canada and thus would still excluded from the rebate.

Then again, I wouldn't even know how I could use this "merchandise certificate". I don't really get who would accept this, but taking into account shipping costs etc., it's not that attractive I guess.

0xdeadbeef said:
Then again, I wouldn't even know how I could use this "merchandise certificate". I don't really get who would accept this, but taking into account shipping costs etc., it's not that attractive I guess.

I'd assume that Tower ( because of their relationship with Great Planes ) would be the first to accept the merchandise certificate.

G4 rebate

I have only this to say, if there is no rebate for folks in other parts of the world than in the usa and canada then they can take it and shove it, where is the special relationship between nations who are fighting and dieing in iraq for the same thing the protection of the USA, certainly not where money is concerned that is obvious, to hell with G4, I will stick with what I have thank you.

well reading this makes me sad i was going to get G4 with the rebate but im not even going to think about it now. When i brought the sim it cost me 130GBP. so now if i wont G4 its going to be another 130/150GBP :( i would't mind if the rebate was only given to use on buying the G4 sim. This has really put me off real flight now, what am i spose to say to my flying buddys about the sim "O Yes its a grate sim go get it BUT there jst bring a new 1 out in 12months whic your going to have to pay for agen" grate selling point NOT

Well, at least Tower gives us a rebate of $30 not matter if we're US citizens or not.
I decided to go with the $30 rebate they offered which saves me the postage to Germany and even a few bucks more. Due to the current dollar price, I hope to pay about 160€ including VAT (19%). I'm not sure about customs dues though.
Anyway, chances are that I'll pay less than G4 will cost here if it finally arrives in the hobby shops.

Also, since G3 still sells for 200€ around here, selling my copy of G3 on eBay will cut costs to a reasonable magnitude I hope.

So yes, getting no rebate from KE/GP kinda sucks, but if I end up with 50€ or less for the switch from G3 to G4, that's ok for me. So now let's just hope that my copy of G4 arrives here without major problems. A defective Interlink e.g. would ruin the whole calculation due to high shipping costs.

Last edited:
I purchased some motorcycle gear from a UK business, and they had a special discount for UK customers only.

I bought it anyway.

I was chuffed, but I didn't go to their company website and start whining about it, and I certainly wouldn't have brought-up a comrade-in-arms analogy.

Charles

Last edited:
charles.16 said:
I have only this to say, if there is no rebate for folks in other parts of the world than in the usa and canada then they can take it and shove it, where is the special relationship between nations who are fighting and dieing in iraq for the same thing the protection of the USA, certainly not where money is concerned that is obvious, to hell with G4, I will stick with what I have thank you.

Eh, one is not really related to the other is it. Iraq has nothing to do with G4, unless some of the developement staff are serving over there...

You can be miffed that you weren't offered a rebate...

That's understandable, but as others have pointed out, you can take advantage of the exchange rate and completely offset the rebate and then some.

Buying Phoenix seems like the way to go for me then you can have your cake and eat it! While supporting our own economy!

Back