G5

Unless some one is selling G45 cheeper than G5, and you could could get a free up grade, then G5 would still be easer.

I wish I had "best graphics out there." Do you have a sku on that? I searched tigerdirect, but I couldn't find it. ;)

jeffpn said:
I wish I had "best graphics out there." Do you have a sku on that? I searched tigerdirect, but I couldn't find it. ;)

Jeff if you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it! :D :D :D

The heat sinks on the video card are made of "Unobtainium".

ok it might not be the best ever but it is the best gaming card. Nvidia GeForce GTX 295.
My uncle's a computer scientist at University of Chicago Illinois.
Hey I was flying today and decide to fool with my aircraft. so i edited the rpm to max and my little bomber starts shooten at 300 mph... not trying to push the envelop anymore but, can the planes go faster?
just asking out of curiosity.

Sounds excellent, with ability to create avatar and track stats. I am liking this more and more!

sr-71blackbird said:
ok it might not be the best ever but it is the best gaming card. Nvidia GeForce GTX 295.
Hey I was flying today and decide to fool with my aircraft. so i edited the rpm to max and my little bomber starts shooten at 300 mph... not trying to push the envelop anymore but, can the planes go faster?
are you asking if G5 planes are speed capped by the physics program or if 300mph is the fastest your little bomber can get up to?

sr-71blackbird said:

Type "Fastest" in the search area and you get this:

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=23533&page=1&pp=15&highlight=fastest

Use the search function...........................

I got lucky!

I had been waiting, not sure I wanted to go from 3.5 to 4.5. I finally decided to do it and while installing 4.5 I saw that Tower was pre-selling 5.0!! Needless to say I was upset. Fired off a couple of e-mails asking what was going on and was eventually pointed to the rebate site and the cut off for a free upgrade was Oct. 1 - the day I purchased 4.5!! :) :)

sr-71blackbird said:

Don't worry we're just ribbing you about the somewhat extreme assertion.
Not that your relatives have any bearing on this thread....

Yes the GTX 295 rocks! I have one myself on a fast Quad Core system, that also features a large 120mhz+ LCD display and 3D wireless stereoscopic glasses.

It keeps up nicely.

It is not the "Ultimate" or the "BEST" gaming card however, no device can actually claim that as things change so quickly.

And TWO GTX295's are better than one!

sr-71blackbird said:
my little bomber starts shooten at 300 mph... not trying to push the envelop anymore but, can the planes go faster?

Yes, though this is highly unrealistic and when you think of it, not all that welcome for a program that is trying to SIMULATE RC craft.

Now that said, we all fall into the "let's see how fast it goes in the sim" lapse of judgement. The old swap pages had my own attempts to do the same, of which I am embarrassed about now.

I have the "best" processor... the salesmen told me that when I bought it and he did not work on commission so why would he lie??? It's an IBM 386, totally top of the line... :cool:

Donald

Saying you have the best of anything relating to computers is silly. There is ALWAYS something better out there.

GP/KE Newsletter about G5 (and other topics).

Below is more information about G5 and other topics, that may be of interest to
members here.

I didn't see a copyright notice on the email, so here it is:

October 2009
RealFlight® Newsletter

Welcome to this edition of the RealFlight® Update. This online publication offers
tips to enhance your RealFlight experience; brings you up-to-date on RealFlight's
latest releases; and keeps you in the loop about new and forthcoming products from
the RealFlight team.

In this issue:

1. RealFlight G5!
2. Upgrade to G5
3. RealFlight Basic
4. Visit us at iHobby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealFlight G5!

RealFlight G5 is here -- and look out, this one is ready for battle! How would
you like to go head-to-head in aerial combat with 31 of your closest friends (or enemies)?
G5 can make that happen, with four different combat events. Outfit your aircraft
with streamers...arm them with rockets...fire machine guns or paintball markers.
RealFlight G5's new combat feature brings an exciting new dimension to R/C
simulator flying.

G5 also has greatly enhanced Multiplayer capabilities. Now, up to 32 pilots can
fly together over the internet or an LAN. You can host a huge fun fly or dogfight
to your heart's content -- with models that are instantly repairable, and without
spending gas money traveling to events.

Voice Chat, too, has been improved over previous versions. Using your headset, you'll
be able to talk in real time with everyone else in the Multiplayer session.

Combat...what's it all about?

RealFlight's new combat features are impressive to say the least. Four different
basic games are available: Streamer Cut, Rocket Wars, Combat and Paintball. G5's
targeting system lets you to select an opponent and track him throughout the virtual
world. When you get your targeting pips on him...fire!

In Streamer Cut, all participating aircraft are equipped with different colors
of streamers. You receive points each time you clip an opponent's streamer. Points are
displayed on the Scoreboard Multiplayer gadget -- and they're deducted if you crash.
You can fly from a fixed point on the simulation or from one of G5's many new points
of view (more about this later).

Rocket Wars is your editor's favorite -- lots of noise, smoke, and fire! Make
no mistake, a great deal of skill is required to score a kill. These rockets don't
track their intended target. But if they get close, they'll explode and score on it.
Flying from the cockpit is especially fun and challenging in this mode. You'll see
rockets go by and hear them exploding behind you...and you'll know when you've been hit.
Of course, hitting the red button gets you back up and flying instantly.

Combat incorporates both rockets and machine guns, and it can get crazy. If
you miss your opponent with a rocket from long range, you can try to get him from up
close with your guns. But remember: He's trying to get you, too.

Now it's time to get messy. Like Combat, Paintball can be wild at times. Paint
splatters everywhere. And just as with real paintball markers, the speed of the paint
balls is not that fast -- you'd better lead your target well. Each airplane has a
different paint color, so you'll know who is after you. Both the new Sopwith Pup and
the big P-51 are available for this scenario. You may want to start with the slower
speed of the Sopwith, as a P-51 battle can really heat up!

Multiplayer enhancements

Thirty-two different pilots can now fly at the same time in a Multiplayer session.
Even with this many flying at the same time, the frame rate remains very fast. And
with the enhanced Voice Chat, your conversations are basically as good as being face
to face.

In G5, the host can automate a Multiplayer session, setting up different flying
scenarios from a fun fly to all-out combat. The computer can automatically switch from
event to event after a host-determined amount of time. If you wish, set up multiple
game lists with your favorite events; then, just select a menu item to run the game.
G5 comes with several pre-programmed scenarios, too.

New game gadgets are also available to enhance your Multiplayer experience -- including
Pilot status, targeting and targeting ring. And you'll be able to create and share your
own pilot profile, choosing an avatar, name, location, tagline, favorite color and more.
The profile keeps track of how many hours you log on RealFlight. That number can be scary
at times!

Camera views

G5 could become the version of RealFlight known as the "pick-a-view" version. When
flying at a 3D site, you'll have many different views available...and you can add
even more.

A few of the views available with many of the aircraft are: fixed (ground); cockpit (some
cockpits now have incredible details); nose; chase; wing (looking at aircraft); tail camera;
looking back at the aircraft and looking out over a wing. These can all be toggled from
the keyboard or selected via the menu.

Not enough views for you? Add more! You can add multiple cameras to the aircraft
anywhere you'd like. You can place them out in front, to the side, behind, under or
over -- even make them movable. You name it, it can probably be done with the aircraft
editor. During a combat game, try a cockpit view that pivots to follow the targeted
aircraft!

Aircraft and Flying Site Editor

Significant improvements have also been made to these editors. You now have different
backgrounds to select, and different screen layouts to better suit your needs. Adding
components is simpler than ever before.

Do we have your attention yet? We hope so -- but this newsletter hasn't even begun to
highlight everything about G5 that's newsworthy. Be sure to check out all the details
at RealFlight.com!

Upgrade to G5

If you never took the plunge to upgrade from G3 or 3.5 to G4 or 4.5, we have some very
good news: You can use the older Interlink® Plus controller with the new G5 software,
as well as the current Interlink Elite.

We also have a great software-only G5 Upgrade package for you -- priced at only $79.99.
And if you've purchased G4.5 very recently, there's an ever BETTER G5 upgrade
deal waiting for you. Visit RealFlight.com for more information.

RealFlight Basic

What's RealFlight Basic? Well, some customers want to experience the same great aircraft
physics as the full version of RealFlight, but with a lower price and fewer bells and
whistles. So we developed an "essentials only" version of the simulator.

RealFlight Basic fits into tight budgets and is still a fine learning tool for anyone
just getting into radio-control. Know someone looking for the best flight simulator at a
bargain price? Recommend RealFlight Basic -- they'll be glad you did.

iHobby

iHobby kicks off October 22 (Oct 24-25 for modelers) at the Donald E. Stephens Convention
Center in Rosemont, Illinois. If you want to see G5 first-hand on four giant, networked
plasma monitors, come and visit us at the show! You'll be able to try out all of the new
features for yourself and even engage in a little friendly combat with other show attendees.

You can't miss the Great Planes exhibit. We're right inside the main doors. For more
information on the show, please visit: ihobbyexpo.com

Please do not reply to this e-mail newsletter.
For technical support, please contact our Product Support team at:
rfsupport@greatplanes.com

Great Planes Model Manufacturing
P.O. Box 788
Urbana, IL 61801

Last edited:
RFRulez said:
whoooo. thats a lot.
cant wait for it. you know i wonder if g5 on the camera editor can you place the camera like 3 ft up and behind the aircraft. just a thought. sounds like a barrel of fun.

Yes, you can.

Jim

Back