Gear switch with Spektrum TX

p3arljam

Does anyone know how to activate a switch to retract the gears on a Spektrum TX everything else works fine but i cant retract my gear.

The answer varies depending on what input device you are using. Please let us know, so we can help with fewer exchanges.

As said elsewhere the radio gadget will show a CG radio with the keyboard keys displayed on the face.

You can edit the aircraft and see what each switch is doing as you see the aircraft close by. You can even modify the aircraft control to a different switch.

You can edit the controller to see and change what switches do in the simulator. How many channels you have depends on what radio you are using. Radios with more channels cost more.

Further confusing things is that all aircraft designers do not conform to a strict guideline of switches to be used. Some times you can read about the controls when you edit an aircraft.

Last edited:
YUIOJ keys are channels 5,6,7,8,9 respectively.

Quite but how do you activate these. In edit controller when I select say channel 7 then tap key I on the keyboard to identify input nothing happens. Can't find anything useful in the manual. By the way my transmitter is a Spektrum DX6 via the WS1000 dongle.

I have the same problem. I am on a DX9 with WS1000. I can't for the life of me get the switches assigned so that one will raise the gear. I can fly with the gear down all day, but I also cannot get throttle hold to assign to ANY switch on the DX9, so this makes it impossible to practice auto-rotation landings which I really need to do.

Last edited:
You need to remap the channels via "Edit Controller" in RF9. I can get the gear to go up - or the flaps. Annoyingly at the moment if the model has gear AND flaps they're activating together... but in reverse.. so I can retract the gears and extend the flaps but not retract the flaps without extending the gear! I suspect it's the combination of assignments but the DX6 is 6 channel and RF9 is 8, so we're trying to put a round peg in a square hole.

I'm using RF9 with a DX8 Gen 2 and the WS1000 dongle. With the Harrier aircraft I found that letter I on the keyboard will raise or lower the gear.

You really need to look at the User Manual. It has all the keyboard equivalents. More so, you needed to pay attention to the message in this thread just prior to yours. That tells you what to do. There is a thread at the top of RF8 forum that details how to map the transmitter. https://forums.realflight.com/index...p-a-controller-in-rf-8-00-044-or-later.33491/

BTW, RF9 is 15channels not 8. With the DX8, you have 8 channels to map, you don't need to use the keyboard if you map a switch to gear. The DX6 has enough too. The WS1000 and WS2000 both have a maximum of 8 channels to play with.

Also the saying is; "trying to put a square peg in a round hole". In case you didn't catch that.

Last edited:
Back