Giant Slow Ultra Stick

I mapped the battery, motor esc, and receiver today and painted the labels orange for now. I'll add some label detail later. But I decided for this plane to go back to my old way of doing it. Add enough detail to make it look nice but not try to be perfect with it. Plus I'm having some health issues so I can't focus on perfection right now. The landing gear still isn't finished I haven't decided for sure how I want to fasten it to the fuselage. And I may move the receiver to the bottom like the other parts. And there will be some wiring in the end.

Giant Slow Ultra Stick 05.jpg

Not much to report. I tweaked the gear bracket that fastens it to the fuselage so the gear can flex without showing and added some chamfer to the motor mount and then moved the receiver to the bottom of the fuselage. I'll add some wiring later but right now I'm just adding the main parts. It's getting about time to rescale it to 87 inches (2m). I also need to add the brackets that fasten the wing to the fuselage. I also may go back and round off the wingtips more like a foam wing. (not sure yet)

Giant Slow Ultra Stick 07.jpg

I started working on the wing mounting. I thought the giant version needed to be a little more solid so I made the wing saddle a bit more significant. Of course it will be painted the same as the color scheme, this is just an in-work look.

Attachments

• Giant Slow Ultra Stick 08.jpg
    Giant Slow Ultra Stick 08.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 10
Back