Gimp Users Guide To Color Schemes

Thanks

Thanks for the words Doug, I would like this thread to be made sticky too, but if the MODS haven't answered by now, theres no use in continuing to ask.

I would welcome anyone to ask Gimp related question, in this thread. If I can help you find the answers you seek, I will. Thanks for the question BryanEW710, Thats what I made this thread to address, and I hope the answer I gave, helped you.

Last edited:
herc40 said:
Thanks for the question BryanEW710, Thats what I made this thread to address, and I hope the answer I gave, helped you.
I appreciate the answer, too :)

I think in my case it was a no-go because the canopy wasn't designed at the outset (ie when the plane was first created) to have a clear canopy, so you can't just tint it.

canopy tint

As I said before, if the modeler made the canopy glass see through in the modeling program, you will not be able to change the tint on that glass. the only way you can change tint, is if the modeler MAPPED the glass, and added alpha channels to that CS map, where the canopy should be. If it is mapped, you should be able to change the tint with the steps listed above. Thanks

herc40 said:
As I said before, if the modeler made the canopy glass see through in the modeling program, you will not be able to change the tint on that glass. the only way you can change tint, is if the modeler MAPPED the glass, and added alpha channels to that CS map, where the canopy should be. If it is mapped, you should be able to change the tint with the steps listed above. Thanks
I should have said "color" not tint. For example, in my Blue Heron CS, I was able to color the canopy blue instead of just the clear glass finish it had in the original Oracle CS.

Back