Gmax and Deep-Exploaration: Discussion Thread

maxkop said:
Knowing about the DOS - console is one of the basics if somebody is working with windows. Questions like this are showing me, that now a younger generation is sitting behind the screen and I am probably one of the old guys here :( My first computer was an IBM 3x86 with 33 MHz and 4 MB RAM running Windows 3.10. Today a system can have a Quad - Core Processor with 8 GHz and up to 16 GB of RAM.

Well that dates me then....

My "first" computer was an IBM 360. My first "home" computer was an Altair 8000 running at a whopping 2mHz and booted from paper tape after keying the first 20 instructions via front panel switches.

Lotsa blinking lights!

Yes, I did. But they weren't very useful. I will left the form of the fuselage like it is now. The building status of the Baby Boomerang Jet:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 38
maxkop said:
Yes, I did. But they weren't very useful. I will left the form of the fuselage like it is now. The building status of the Baby Boomerang Jet:
I blame that old p.o.s camera.Here are some better ones. Hopefully mikey lets me fly his boomerang,i got to taxi it out once that was pretty cool.
NE way here are some better ones.
I circled most of the important parts for you.

Attachments

• lg-367235-3-4058.jpg
    lg-367235-3-4058.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 17
  • lg-367235-5-9454.jpg
    lg-367235-5-9454.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • lg-367235-0-7103.jpg
    lg-367235-0-7103.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 28
  • lg-353442-2-2782.jpg
    lg-353442-2-2782.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 23
  • lg-353442-1-2597.jpg
    lg-353442-1-2597.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 27
I have a qeustion, what do i name Gear door and retractable gear (i am naming the landing gear for a single wheel glider).

I finally got true high speed internet and went to download the GMax software to try my hand at designing my own aircraft. When I did, I found that the link to download the software is dead, and upon further research, I also found that Autodesk has discontinued the GMax software as a stand alone program. I would like to take a shot at designing the Ikarus Eco 8, but don't have the software to do so. Are there still any download sources available for GMax, or is there another program currently available to take the place of GMax in your tutorial. Thanks for the input.

Amazon Listing for The Gmax Handbook
mydartswinger said:
I finally got true high speed internet and went to download the GMax software to try my hand at designing my own aircraft. When I did, I found that the link to download the software is dead, and upon further research, I also found that Autodesk has discontinued the GMax software as a stand alone program. I would like to take a shot at designing the Ikarus Eco 8, but don't have the software to do so. Are there still any download sources available for GMax, or is there another program currently available to take the place of GMax in your tutorial. Thanks for the input.
I stopped messing with Real Flight and Knife Edge so I moved to AC3D to work on some designs for my Aerofly AFPD (which has the ECO8) and Clearview Simulators, but I found a few gmax links below. If I can find my disk, your welcome to it.....

The Gmax Handbook

Three are available on Amazon and it comes with version 1.2 CD

Last edited:
mydartswinger said:

Turbosquid still has it up.

Help - where is Middleman 1.2

I am also trying to locate the Middleman 1.2 program detailed in the gmax deep exploration tutorial. I found one post in which the reply suggested using the Blender method instead but I've gone too far with the other now having done some of the gmax tutorials.

The Tripod link is dead as provided in tutorial.

I have searched for it on Google but there are a few variants and also what I dont believe to be the right program! Your help would be appreciated as although I can play with Gmax I really want to do what I intended to do!

Help! It's been months since the last posted went up!

Jon

where are you at now ?

Ya I did not have luck finding that program a in January when I started to model. What step in the process are you on in your modeling work?

Thanks Crashed... I will go have alook right now.

As for my progress in the modelling game Junkyboy... not far. I have done some tutorials in gmax - and also some tweaking to models in G4 but without the Middleman prgram I cant import at all! Hopefully i willbe able to give you a better update soon!! I have found a plan and converted into the 3 views and set up the background in gmax. I now need to start constructing. Starting with a Beagle Pup.

Thanks for all you help guys - including arb6591 who dhk79 (Doug) put me on to and we have emailed... waiting on a reply there.

You guys are all always willing to help. Kind of gives me faith in humanity again!!

Jon

Ha! Typical!! I didn't search for it - i just saw the plans and thought it looked straight forward for a forst attempt... and there lies the issue... You are unlikely to get quality from me just yet. It will come though!!

Regards

Jon

Back