Grumman F3F Build Thread

some of the stuff I did over the last couple days. the pilot was modified off the parts repository it originally was made by boof69

Attachments

• F3F build pic 12.jpg
    F3F build pic 12.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 12
  • F3F build pic 18.jpg
    F3F build pic 18.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 18
  • F3F build pic 20.jpg
    F3F build pic 20.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13
  • F3F build pic 19.jpg
    F3F build pic 19.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 16
some of the stuff I did over the last couple days. the pilot was modified off the parts repository it originally was made by boof69
Looking real nice Legoman, don`t know what you did to the pilot../?? but, he looks real good..;);)

Looking real nice Legoman, don`t know what you did to the pilot../?? but, he looks real good..;);)

I thought the head was a little off and the helmet was too thick (the top of the head was too far above the eyes). at a scale so the pilot would be 5'8" his eyes where below the top instrument panel. and I also made him look straight ahead

Looks awesome Buddy!

Another great addition to my Pre-war fleet is on the way :)

How hard would it be to add a "scale" radial to the colorscheme/3-d model?

I remember some other builders allowed setting the "engine to show" feature on the edit page to render different features...engines, guns, canopy config. etc (the TBD Devastator comes to mind)

No biggie if its a real pain, were talking about raising it from a 9.9 on the fantastic scale to a 9.95 with a Scale Engine.

Thank God for people smarter than me !

Looks awesome Buddy!

Another great addition to my Pre-war fleet is on the way :)

How hard would it be to add a "scale" radial to the colorscheme/3-d model?

I remember some other builders allowed setting the "engine to show" feature on the edit page to render different features...engines, guns, canopy config. etc (the TBD Devastator comes to mind)

No biggie if its a real pain, were talking about raising it from a 9.9 on the fantastic scale to a 9.95 with a Scale Engine.

Thank God for people smarter than me !

A scale engine would be cool but. The engine would need to have a scale backside and head as well. But I will consider it I am also considering servos and horns. Scene this is probably the most Practical plane to recreate in real life.

and to Flip all I have to say is "calm down". and "I would rather read a post like what moto guzzi wrote than the negativity you write half the time in your posts."

A scale engine would be cool but. The engine would need to have a scale backside and head as well. But I will consider it I am also considering servos and horns.

I'd be happy with pasting a picture of a radial onto a flat disk inside the cowl, "Joe-Precision" will render each cooling fin and hex-head bolt

Showoff! :)

made the prop today

Attachments

• F3F build pic 21.jpg
    F3F build pic 21.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 18
  • F3F build pic 22.jpg
    F3F build pic 22.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 11
  • F3F build pic 23.jpg
    F3F build pic 23.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 15
;);)
made the prop today

Looks great Legoman, I know you asked for Tech`s. radial, is that the pictured in the pics.,??? looks like it,?, just not sure if you finished the one you were working on:p:p....Either way.... it looks good in there.

Last edited:
;);)

Looks great Legoman, I know you asked for Tech`s. radial, is that the pictured in the pics.,??? looks like it,?, just not sure if you finished the one you were working on:p:p....Either way.... it looks good in there.

yes that is technoid's radial

I have a question. What is the definition of a scale model? Or said differently can there be a scale model of a normal rc plane?

HMMMM, well let`s start with, what the heck is YOUR definition of "a scale model of a NORMAL RC AIRPLANE", in other words, define in your opinion/definition of what YOU think is NORMAL , in regards to an rc plane. This is going to be fun flip...:D

HMMMM, well let`s start with, what the heck is YOUR definition of "a scale model of a NORMAL RC AIRPLANE", in other words, define in your opinion/definition of what YOU think is NORMAL , in regards to an rc plane. This is going to be fun flip...:D

I'm not wanting to start anything or get this thread off track I was just wondering about it. You see models of normal rc planes that aren't that scale looking and others that do, so why isn't that a scale model too. It seems most often people think of scale planes as having to be a real plane, but that's not the definition of a scale model. A scale model is an accurate representation of the real thing. Just thinking out loud. I remember you speaking of scale in similar terms once. I can't remember exactly but you spoke about how there's different levels of scale in rc modeling.

Back