Grumman F3F Build Thread

OK, Well, Me personally, I would think that what you call a "normal" plane, would be one that is not designed to look like a "real world" airplane in any way, sure, you have rc planes that are high and low wing..etc. BUT, that is their only resemblance to a real world airplane at all, they don`t look like particular Cessna, piper etc. you could say that a high wing looks like a Cessna, BUT, it DOES NOT look like any particular model of a real world Cessna. Despite the fact that all Cessna`s look alike, there are differences between models. Therefore, these models aren`t considered scale. Now, when you get into "scale"planes, they are pretty much, just a reduced version of a real world airplane, there are different levels of "scale", "semi scale" for example, might be a good presentation of a real world airplane, but, dimension wise, it`s not quite to scale,say 1/4 for example, and they are lacking details. NOW (and you know this) when you get into "scale" planes, judges look for dimensions that are correct to scale, say 1/4 or 1/3 for example, as well as panel lines interior details, rivets etc., it`s a pretty long list:p, pretty much, a TRUE "scale" airplane is just a reduced version of a real world airplane, right down to last detail. Judges are usually judging on, how close you got, that`s what will get you "best of show" in a contest. NOW, for real flight purposes the rules are a little different, let`s take Legomans F3F for example, in the end, it might be lacking some MINOR "details", BUT in RF it would be considered "scale", because it`s a real good presentation of a real world airplane, especially dimension wise. modelers are somewhat limited to just how much detail they put into a model.

Last edited:
I like long beautiful legs on a woman. I love the look of scale landing gear. Just as I am repulsed by skinny chicken legs on a woman, I am similarly repulsed by a single wire landing gear on a CG simulator plane.

The reason it is not done on RW RC planes is the cost. It costs little more to have beautiful sumptuous tantalizing scale landing gear on a CG warbird. But I digress.

I like long beautiful legs on a woman. I love the look of scale landing gear. Just as I am repulsed by skinny chicken legs on a woman, I am similarly repulsed by a single wire landing gear on a CG simulator plane.

The reason it is not done on RW RC planes is the cost. It costs little more to have beautiful sumptuous tantalizing scale landing gear on a CG warbird. But I digress.

Hey I made some nice legs (landing gear) for you on the F8F-2.

made the gear over the last few days

Attachments

• F3F build pic 24.jpg
    F3F build pic 24.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11
  • F3F build pic 25.jpg
    F3F build pic 25.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12
Thank you to all for your comments. As far as mounting a camera up there, I will but I will need to see if I could make olio strut work and the motion of the A-arms. If I can't there won't be a springy effect, but we will cross that bridge later.

a little more

Attachments

• F3F build pic 26.jpg
    F3F build pic 26.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 11
  • F3F build pic 27.jpg
    F3F build pic 27.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 16
just got kicked (maybe banned?) by some kid name "forever" for winning at combat unlimited with the skyraider combat version. don't really care though that is just a badge of honor for the skyraider in 1v4 combat and winning. although someone came in and started getting a few hits on me

You and your "unfair advantage" :rolleyes:

It is publicly available for FREE and I have not tweeked my copy. Now if I was flying my SR-71 equipped with nukes or my Star wars death star with the blow up the map button while you are out of range and opponents don't have enough Invincibility frames to escape the blast radius. I might say there is an unfair advantage. I have had the pro combat players whoop my backside even with my skyraider advantage

Sarcasm is obviously tough to convey with text. Can I fly my combat Huey with multiple rockets and guns in every direction on there ? :D

I was wondering why you left that room legoman,
he shut it down soon after that when I used the spitfire mkV and shredded him:)
good fun that is

Back