Grumman F8F Bearcat

Do you guys think you could upload a variant so I can use the bearcat without the weapons and have a spinner? I have been missing from this thread for a while so please don't get to mad at me lol
Thanks.

No problem that's already built into the plane go read the release notes on the swap page and it tells you how to use the ENGINE TO SHOW setting in the Physics to Display the plane 4 different ways. The last picture I uploaded is a split view 4 ways that shows what each setting looks like.

So if you can use the Editor that's built into Real Flight you can get exactly what you want by setting the Engine to Show setting to ELECTRIC.

4STROKE is No Spinner, Guns, Bombs, and Rockets.
2STROKE is Guns only
ELECTRIC is Spinner Only
NONE is No Spinner, No Guns, No Bombs, No Rockets.

Do you guys think you could upload a variant so I can use the bearcat without the weapons and have a spinner? I have been missing from this thread for a while so please don't get to mad at me lol
Thanks.

Open the vehicle editor, click on the physics tab and select "engine to show" Electric and make sure to "save" when closing editor.

Attachments

• spinner.PNG
    spinner.PNG
    490.2 KB · Views: 6
No problem that's already built into the plane go read the release notes on the swap page and it tells you how to use the ENGINE TO SHOW setting in the Physics to Display the plane 4 different ways. The last picture I uploaded is a split view 4 ways that shows what each setting looks like.

So if you can use the Editor that's built into Real Flight you can get exactly what you want by setting the Engine to Show setting to ELECTRIC.

4STROKE is No Spinner, Guns, Bombs, and Rockets.
2STROKE is Guns only
ELECTRIC is Spinner Only
NONE is No Spinner, No Guns, No Bombs, No Rockets.

Thank you! Sorry I am such a noob lol.

No problem I'm glad you can get it the way you want. It's such a cool plane I knew people would want to fly it and paint it different ways.

Oh yeah! The Bearcat is one of my favorite planes. I am going to build a Cessna 195 running on a 50cc engine then I will build a Bearcat and have it in the Gulfhawk paint job.:D:D:D:D

One of my favorite airshow memories is taxiing out to the runway following a Bearcat at the Tacoma airshow a couple of years ago. Such a cool plane.

When my father was in the US Navy, he was stationed at Pax River in Maryland, and the Blue Angels arrived in their Bearcats. As the story was told to me, there were a few P-51 drivers there for some reason that wasn't revealed, but apparently late into the night in the O Club, many adult beverages were consumed, and inter-service rivalry being what it was, these Mustang and Bearcat drivers got into a bit of a conversation about who had the better airplane. A contest was devised for the next morning (after all were sober of course).

4 Mustangs, and 4 Bearcats would line up on the parallel runways and on signal start their takeoff roll. Whomever could get airborne and get into a shooting position first would win. So it goes, the flag drops, power comes up and away they go. The Blue Angels pilots lift off, reverse direction, and laughed their *** off yelling "guns guns guns" over the radio.. BEFORE A SINGLE MUSTANG HAD LIFTED OFF.

In short.. the Grumman Bearcat was a beast. My late friend Tom Freidkin owned a Bearcat and flew it regularly (his son Dan now flies it occasionally when The Horsemen do a USN tribute at airshows), and said it was the easiest taildragger he'd ever flown. He claimed because of the landing gear position, if you smoothly brought power up while holding the tail on the ground, that it took ZERO RUDDER to run straight down the runway to liftoff..

It's EASILY my favorite prop-driven airplane ever.

When my father was in the US Navy, he was stationed at Pax River in Maryland, and the Blue Angels arrived in their Bearcats. As the story was told to me, there were a few P-51 drivers there for some reason that wasn't revealed, but apparently late into the night in the O Club, many adult beverages were consumed, and inter-service rivalry being what it was, these Mustang and Bearcat drivers got into a bit of a conversation about who had the better airplane. A contest was devised for the next morning (after all were sober of course).

4 Mustangs, and 4 Bearcats would line up on the parallel runways and on signal start their takeoff roll. Whomever could get airborne and get into a shooting position first would win. So it goes, the flag drops, power comes up and away they go. The Blue Angels pilots lift off, reverse direction, and laughed their *** off yelling "guns guns guns" over the radio.. BEFORE A SINGLE MUSTANG HAD LIFTED OFF.

In short.. the Grumman Bearcat was a beast. My late friend Tom Freidkin owned a Bearcat and flew it regularly (his son Dan now flies it occasionally when The Horsemen do a USN tribute at airshows), and said it was the easiest taildragger he'd ever flown. He claimed because of the landing gear position, if you smoothly brought power up while holding the tail on the ground, that it took ZERO RUDDER to run straight down the runway to liftoff..

It's EASILY my favorite prop-driven airplane ever.

Very cool story, thanks for sharing it.

Back