Grumman F8F Bearcat

Okay I removed it. Thanks.

We're headed to the grocery store but I'll fix it this evening, thanks for taking it down. I thought it was a bit dull when I made it but like a dummy I just didn't take a bit of time and fix it. What's that saying, there's always time to do it again but never enough time to do it right the first time :)

asj5547

Okay here's a modified version of your color scheme take a good look at it and use the one you like the best it doesn't matter to me at all. What I did was make a copy of the fuselage, wings, hstab, vstab, outside canopy frames, gear doors, gear bays, spinner, and exhaust panels and put them on a separate layer. Then I made a copy of that layer keeping the original layer for a virgin copy and upped the brightness by 5%. Then I made a copy of that layer and added 5% of contrast. So what you see is the second layer after applying 5% of brightness and then 5% of contrast on top of that. I'm also uploading the 1st picture I made for you and the second picture is the new version. I made it as close to the first one as possible. You can see the colors are a bit brighter and stronger and you can notice the additional shine on the fuselage. So like I said, take your pick it's your CS I just wanted to give you the option to choose the one you like the best since I did think about doing this the first time but just left the plane the way it was in your PSD file. If you like the second one I can upload your modified PSD file so you can have it too.

The first picture is the 1st version I did and the second picture is the new version.

Attachments

• F8F-2 Bearcat Rarebear 1st.jpg
    F8F-2 Bearcat Rarebear 1st.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 13
  • F8F-2 Bearcat Rarebear 2nd.jpg
    F8F-2 Bearcat Rarebear 2nd.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 14
  • F8F-2 Bearcat Rarebear_CS.RFX
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
and then there is ... mine ...;)

It is a great CS.
I was thinking on doing the flamed version of it ... started on it and lost interest

I also removed the gun ports from the Bump map as seen in the last picture ... and touched up the exhaused plates a bit ... still need to customize more for your skin

Attachments

• rare bear.jpg
    rare bear.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 10
  • rare bear-1.jpg
    rare bear-1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 6
  • rare bear-2.jpg
    rare bear-2.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 6
  • rare bear-3.jpg
    rare bear-3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
asj5547

Okay here's a modified version of your color scheme take a good look at it and use the one you like the best it doesn't matter to me at all. What I did was make a copy of the fuselage, wings, hstab, vstab, outside canopy frames, gear doors, gear bays, spinner, and exhaust panels and put them on a separate layer. Then I made a copy of that layer keeping the original layer for a virgin copy and upped the brightness by 5%. Then I made a copy of that layer and added 5% of contrast. So what you see is the second layer after applying 5% of brightness and then 5% of contrast on top of that. I'm also uploading the 1st picture I made for you and the second picture is the new version. I made it as close to the first one as possible. You can see the colors are a bit brighter and stronger and you can notice the additional shine on the fuselage. So like I said, take your pick it's your CS I just wanted to give you the option to choose the one you like the best since I did think about doing this the first time but just left the plane the way it was in your PSD file. If you like the second one I can upload your modified PSD file so you can have it too.

The first picture is the 1st version I did and the second picture is the new version.

Thanks again for all your help Technoid, I loaded the second version into RF-X and RF7.5 ... it looks good to me. so I sent it to the swap pages.

Attachments

• Rarebear in RF7.5.jpg
    Rarebear in RF7.5.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Rarebear RF7.5.jpg
    Rarebear RF7.5.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Rarebear RF-X.jpg
    Rarebear RF-X.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 5
and then there is ... mine ...;)

It is a great CS.
I was thinking on doing the flamed version of it ... started on it and lost interest

I also removed the gun ports from the Bump map as seen in the last picture ... and touched up the exhaused plates a bit ... still need to customize more for your skin

Nice detail Ddawg.

That is quite a green tint on the Rarebear wings in your picture, I have never seen it that severe on my computer, but the model on grass does look slightly different to parked on asphalt. See pics in post 1302

You are a helicopter guy right, so I have a question for you, I downloaded this model from the swaps but I am unable to even make it lift off, rotor blades spin and that's it. If you know a fix send a PM, don't want to go off topic in Technoid's thread, (more than I already have) Thanks.
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/8815

Thanks again for all your help Technoid, I loaded the second version into RF-X and RF7.5 ... it looks good to me. so I sent it to the swap pages.

No problem I'm just happy to help you get your cool CS on the swap pages. I'll head over and grab it now.

Nice detail Ddawg.

Here it is ... if you want to post it you can ... if you want to name it, you can ... it is your paint job ... I just enhanced it a tad ...

Attachments

• Rare Bear #77 Reno Racer_CS.RFX
    7.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
And then there is one for Technoid ....

Attachments

• BBB-1.jpg
    BBB-1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 11
  • BBB-2.jpg
    BBB-2.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 9
  • BBB-3.jpg
    BBB-3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 10
  • BBB-4.jpg
    BBB-4.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 11
  • BBB-6.jpg
    BBB-6.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Here it is ... if you want to post it you can ... if you want to name it, you can ... it is your paint job ... I just enhanced it a tad ...

Downloaded and tested in RF-X and RF7.5, it looks much better in X, particularly close up walk arounds, zoomed in, have a look at the pics, (orange on wings RF7.5) I don't know how it displays RF8 ?
Incredible detail Ddawg on the lines and rivets, you should be really proud of your work.

Why don't you upload your version, it should be under your banner. Thanks again.

Attachments

• RealFlight 2018 RF7.5 (2).jpg
    RealFlight 2018 RF7.5 (2).jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 8
  • RealFlight 2018 RF7.5.jpg
    RealFlight 2018 RF7.5.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 8
  • RF-X Ddawg's lines.jpg
    RF-X Ddawg's lines.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 9
  • RF-X Ddawg's lines-2.jpg
    RF-X Ddawg's lines-2.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 8
Downloaded and tested in RF-X and RF7.5, it looks much better in X, particularly close up walk arounds, zoomed in, have a look at the pics, (orange on wings RF7.5) I don't know how it displays RF8 ?
Incredible detail Ddawg on the lines and rivets, you should be really proud of your work.

Why don't you upload your version, it should be under your banner. Thanks again.

If you wish, but I do so under protest ....

Do you guys think you could upload a variant so I can use the bearcat without the weapons and have a spinner? I have been missing from this thread for a while so please don't get to mad at me lol
Thanks.

Back