Help! RealFlight Evolution Aircraft Design for newbs.

I found this interesting video on blender, someone may find it useful even though it's not quite real flight specific.

Frankly, this guy's foamies are pretty amazing given the budget he has, in my opinion.
is this blender?????????

Attachments

• Naming conventions.txt
    878 bytes · Views: 11
Oops, I see where this thread went.

I'm going to try and pick up where I left off, if it's ok with you. Might use the original thread to show progress (or lack thereoff!!!! haha)

Will watch all those videos again and see if I can get started making the most basic stick/plank fly. I will have to use only blender as I don't have anything else at the moment.

First goal on the list is to learn enough blender to get a roughly plane-shaped 3d object created. And hopefully properly labelled and hinged.

I will post back when it's done.

I think it may be realistic with all that's happening in real life to give myself 2 weeks to do this (and still it may not be done!)

If anyone is aware of any better tutorials that have dropped, may I please ask for a link to be dropped here? Thanks very much guys. I know I'm really taking my time trying to learn this lol! Thank you for your patience!

I do not have any experience with Blender, so all I can recommend is to search on YouTube for tutorial videos.
Start with the making basic shapes, (box, cylinder Etc.), and learn how to turn those basic shapes into fuselages, wings, landing gear and wheels, then cutting out the different parts, ailerons from wings, elevators from Hstabs, rudder from Vstab, then applying the correct name to the parts, setting the pivot points and hierarchy. Finally UVmap the model, turn the 3D model into a 2D template to paint.
Model making sounds easy but it is a quite a learning curve, the end results though will be worth the effort.

THanks!
I'll start with the basic "stick plank" design. It'll be good for learning blender anyway and maybe post up what I have soon and ask for more help when I have some sort of 'model' (hahah!) kind done as to how to articulate it, name it etc... giving myself 2 weeks to achieve this with real life etc.

Back