High Quality Providers of RealFlight Content

Not saying you were pointing this at me.....but 100% I was just messing with him with my post. I do feel "back in the day" I did some pretty nice stuff. However: My models were split between G3 - G4.5 (dark ages ago in the software era) Todays EA's by the contributors are leaps and bounds above my uploads. I basically never got involved in any of the normal / spec maps. etc. as well as all the "newer" additions available for a current modeler to use. For that reason my stuff is dated......my honest opinion.

I was not referring to you at all. Flex got very offended by a similar list. If you ask me it was what started him thinking about leaving.

No offense but if you don't 3D model you shouldn't be on the EA list:confused:

The purpose of the list isn't to honor the good providers. The purpose is to help people find the high quality content. For that reason, Numbskully is listed in the EAs. As stated, many of Jeff's models are posted by Numbskully, which given the way they work makes complete sense.

This thread is destined to offend some people. I'm not so sure its a great idea. JMO

I'm sure this thread is going to end up offending someone. But I am very open to nominations and I will take them seriously. I have not seen all the content and I won't put someone up until I have looked at their content.

If someone doesn't see their stuff, they shouldn't assume I don't like their stuff. I should probably just put that disclaimer at the beginning.

Not saying you were pointing this at me.....but 100% I was just messing with him with my post. I do feel "back in the day" I did some pretty nice stuff. However: My models were split between G3 - G4.5 (dark ages ago in the software era) Todays EA's by the contributors are leaps and bounds above my uploads. I basically never got involved in any of the normal / spec maps. etc. as well as all the "newer" additions available for a current modeler to use. For that reason my stuff is dated......my honest opinion.

I think you bring up a good point here. Can someone clarify for me exactly when the additions with the _s and _n maps were added?

At any rate, I've looked at some of your models and while they are a bit dated as you state, they are still excellent work. I have added a separate section for these older models. If a modeler has work spanning both, I'll just list them in the newer section, unless I can figure a way to get those confounded lists to be from the more elaborate advanced search.

I think S and N maps were added in G4.0. You could confirm that by scrolling back through the News and Announcements subforum. They do a good job of noting when things were added.

I think S and N maps were added in G4.0. You could confirm that by scrolling back through the News and Announcements subforum. They do a good job of noting when things were added.

I think you are right, possibly 4.5 even? I know they were around when I did some modeling......I just never caught on to them or really used them.

Another reason not to link back to my models, is the fact that G3 - G4.5 physics will seemingly fly like "crap" in 6 I suspect.

I think you are right, possibly 4.5 even? I know they were around when I did some modeling......I just never caught on to them or really used them.

Another reason not to link back to my models, is the fact that G3 - G4.5 physics will seemingly fly like "crap" in 6 I suspect.

They can use some trimming depending on the model, but with a little trimming, some of them, including yours fly great.

I have added willsonman as the first in the list for aircraft variants. Any nominations for people doing AVs?

Any AV done by Opjose would be worth looking at. I think the other quality guys doing AVs also do EAs.

Opjose, brentg, and phrank have all been added. I looked at DHK79 and most of his entries, at least under his name were EAs and he was already on that list.

Madratter, Please remove my name from this list, My prior post was not done to get my name on any lists, Be upset as you will but I really don't want to be part of this sillyness. Serious...

Brentg

Madratter, Please remove my name from this list, My prior post was not done to get my name on any lists, Be upset as you will but I really don't want to be part of this sillyness. Serious...

Brentg

I put your name on the list because of the quality of the content you have produced. Nonetheless, I will remove your name since you have requested I do so.

Back