How to get separate aileron channels on RF?

hi Bob, the digital download version from HH is partno RFL1203 (software only)

The software only version on (2) DVDs from HH is partno RFL1201. (see following link)

PS edit: in any case, at the moment, both versions are $99.00
PSS edit: I would be inclined to go with the DVD version, especially if slow Internet, but you will also need a DVD input device; many notebooks these days don't have DVD input, but external DVD optical drive works fine.

marcus

Thanks for all of that Marcus.
I would have responded sooner, but I am now not getting email notifications for some reason.
Just thought I would come back and check since you are usually around.

I do NOT have a good/fast internet connection, so the DVD is the way to go for me.

You take care, and I'll let you know how I make out.

Have a good one, and have a coffee/beer for me!
Bob

Just ordered RF9.5 from Horizon.
Ordered the magnetic charge cable too, but it's backordered.

Thanks for all of your help Marcus.

Take care
Bob

Well,
I did it!

Got RF9.5, installed it, and it works.
Thanks guys.
I'm using it with the Spektrum WS2000 wireless dongle, and the Spektrum iX12 transmsitter.
My mission was to get used to the transmitter feel and switches etc. on the sim since the iX12
is totally new to me.
So far, so good.

My radio profile does NOT use Software Radio Mixes, or Software DR/Expo.
In the profile screen it looks like the options named, Slider, Dial, and Y Rotation Axis aren't assigned to
a channel in my transmitter.
Although I've looked and tried, I'm not spooled up on how to assign one of those options to get me
a sim reset on the transmitter.
When I try it on the profile page no joy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again
Bob

I'm using it with the Spektrum WS2000 wireless dongle, and the Spektrum iX12 transmitter.
My mission was to get used to the transmitter feel and switches etc. on the sim since the iX12
is totally new to me.
So far, so good.
Congratulations! ... nice job.

My radio profile does NOT use Software Radio Mixes, or Software DR/Expo.
This is fine; but, be aware that your sailplanes will not work ( using iX12 ) if you do not have the Software Radio Mixes set ON. That is because most of them use "crow" spoilerons ( on throttle lever ). Just be aware; I use a separate Radio Profile for sailplanes, but I do have a Radio Profile that works for both planes and sailplanes.

In the profile screen it looks like the options named, Slider, Dial, and Y Rotation Axis aren't assigned to
a channel in my transmitter.
The 'Input' config options ( blue bars ) in the Select Controller Editor are very misleading; this has been an on-going 'bug' issue with RealFlight and continues into RealFlight9.
Slider, Dial, and Y Rotation (in order) are Radio Profile functions ElevDual Rates, Flaps, Smoke (gear) (in order).
The Radio Profile functions are not labeled very well either (an opinion).
Smoke can be 'smoke' but is usually the gear, on planes that have retracts.
ElevDual Rates is the dual rate function input, when using software D/R.
Flaps is used for 'flaps' but usually needs a channel assigned.
Channel (8) -mode Z rotation is the 'modes' for SAFE, AS3X, Agility, etc.

The first thing you need to do is to set some switches on some of your (12) channels, in the iX12.

I put switch (B) on Aux1, and I use that channel for my modes input on Radio Profile channel (8).
I put switch (C) on Aux2, and I use that channel for my 'Rates' or 'slider'.
I put switch (D) on Aux3, and I use that channel for my 'flaps', with a delay so they don't 'snap'.

On the iX12 you have Aux1 - Aux7 to play with; be creative. On the iX12 the gear channel is called Whl (for wheels) and I usually put switch (A) on this channel for gear... in Model Setup | Channel Assign.

Leave the channels AUX1:Aux1, AUX2:Aux2, etc.

In System Setup | Channel Assign set switch (A) to Gear, or Whl, switch (B) Aux1, switch (C) Aux2, switch (D) Aux3. (there is huge flexibility here... do what is consistent and makes sense to you)

Then, on the simulator, in the Select Controller Editor, press the blue bar 'slider' and then toggle switch (C) to set your 'rates'. Press blue bar 'Dial' and then toggle switch (D) to set your flaps input. Press blue bar 'Y Rotation' and then toggle switch (A) to set your gear (Whl) |smoke. Press blue bar 'Z Rotation' and toggle your switch (B) to set your 'modes' on Radio Profile channel (8).

I have to stop there because my DX8G2 is has only eight channels. But, you have (12) so you can assign Aux4 to switch (I) which can be used for either the panic button, or the 'reset'. When I'm using my WS2000 I just use the spacebar on my keyboard for the 'reset' button, but I have used the (I) button ( 27 on your iX12 ) for the 'reset' following a crash.

I am not able to set my 'Clear' button to be 'reset'. On the iX12 the Android panel may have a 'Clear' or 'Reset' that may be assigned to a channel, but I'm not sure about that; pull out the manual.

Best of luck to you.

marcus

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the detail.
Let me see if I understand.

I am using switch "D" for triple rates without messing with the radio profile and it works fine.
Using switch "A" for a knife edge mix, and it works fine.
The push button, "I", I'm using for calling maneuvers. I have a routine in Stepping Reports.
Throttle curves on switch "F" that are working fine too.
For the flying field, I have some other switches assigned too, but not for the sim.

Decided to forego the spoileron thing to get me going quicker, and I don't fly sailplanes so I'm good.
I usually fine tune one airplane on realflilght and do all of my practicing with it.
To me the sim is practice time.
Hardly ever use any of the stock offerings in the sim.

In the video link here, Tom from Spektrum is explaining how to set an unused switch to reset the sim.
My controller doesn't show the same options he has for whatever reason.
I have no drop downs with channel options.
Do I need to set up a controller other than default to get his options?
All I need now is a way to set a switch to reset the sim after a crash.
----> Go to 4 minutes in the video

My options look like the ones in the image.

I have some learning to do with the sim, thank you again.

Take care
Bob

Attachments

• controller options.png
    controller options.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 5
hi Bob,
What you have done in your iX12 is fine; just be aware that you are using a setup that is not standard, and that may or may not be a problem in the future... for instance, switch (D) is almost always the flap switch, switch (A) is most always the SAFE select, or Gear switch, and switch (C) is most always the rates switch. That said,

The video link you chose is not the best, mainly because the setup for Select Controller Editor is different in Rf8 (the video) than in Rf9... (your machine).

This is what you need to do:

(1) pick a switch that isn't being used

(2) pick a channel on your iX12 that isn't being used [ Aux1 - Aux7 ]

(3) use Model Setup | Channel Assign to assign your chosen switch to your chosen channel

(4) in the simulator Select Controller Editor press the blue input bar for the Radio Profile 'reset' input and when the 'button toggle panel' comes up then toggle your selected switch on your iX12. Of course the iX12 must be ON and Bound to the WS2000 receiver for this to work.

(5) Once the switch is set you can test it (first in the editor) and decide if you want the switch reversed or not... if you chose the button switch (I) this is very important since its a momentary ON switch and if its reversed then 'reset' will be pressed all the time-- not good.

(6) close the editor and save the Radio Profile

(7) Test your iX12 with all settings, including reset; make sure all channels|switches are reversed the right way.

PS edit: on step (3) above at first I told you System Setup | Channel Assign. That was in error; it is 'Model Setup | Channel Assign' on the iX12. Sorry about that, its the other way round on the DX and NX series.
( See pages (171) and (213-ff) in your iX12 pdf manual )

PSS edit: oh, by the way, the WS2000 is only eight (8) channel. So, don't use channels you don't need; do what you can on the iX12 without using a channel. Once you have (8) channels set on the WS2000 that's it!

marcus

Last edited:
Back