How to import??

Whatever other languages you speak, English is in question.

That nonsensical statement is a true testament to language proficiency.

The fact that I needed help from forum members to properly use a forum function is sufficient evidence that you are wrong.

The fact that you needed help, only underscores that you lack knowledge of how certain browsers operate. not that there is a problem with the forum software.

It could only benefit newbies for a sticky to be added to inform of the proper procedures for importing from swap files.

Like the ones that are already there for this?

It would also benefit experienced forum users by not having to answer the same question repeatedly.

Right, which is why there is even a "question mark" symbol next to EVERY download link in the swap pages

And if you click on that link you are taken to this page

https://forums.realflight.com/importexporthelp/importhelp.php

Maybe you missed that repeatedly?

Note the SECOND screen shot too. Realflight is able install files with .ZIP suffixes when a browser adds the wrong suffix to the downloaded file(s).

If you don't understand what I just said you only think you speak English.

Let me try to make this plain to you.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM with the forum downloads in this regard.

You perceive a problem where NONE exists.

Last edited:
That nonsensical statement is a true testament to language proficiency.

The fact that you needed help, only underscores that you lack knowledge of how certain browsers operate. not that there is a problem with the forum software.

Like the ones that are already there for this?

Right, which is why there is even a "question mark" symbol next to EVERY download link in the swap pages

And if you click on that link you are taken to this page

https://forums.realflight.com/importexporthelp/importhelp.php

Maybe you missed that repeatedly?

Note the SECOND screen shot too. Realflight is able install files with .ZIP suffixes when a browser adds the wrong suffix to the downloaded file(s).

Let me try to make this plain to you.

THERE IS NO PROBLEM with the forum downloads in this regard.

You perceive a problem where NONE exists.

Don't you have someone else to stalk?

The mis-informed are always easy targets.

Your logic is fatally flawed. By your own words I am the victim of mis-information and still you pursue & harass me instead of the victimizer(s). Shame on you. Now that you've enlightened yourself I'm sure you'll find someone more appropriate to stalk. Have a nice life.:rolleyes:

ram1009
Hate to break to you ....
but opjose's statement is absolutely correct
...its the browser used , not the swap page or RF...

Regardless............ RF has no problem importing either, or
just don't un-zip anything ...and don't use the green arrow ,and check whats "required" or not ....and all will be well

Should they get rid of the green arrow? ....I'll buy that

Last edited:
ram1009
Hate to break to you ....
but opjose's statement is absolutely correct
...its the browser used , not the swap page or RF...

Regardless............ RF has no problem importing either, or
just don't un-zip anything ...and don't use the green arrow ,and check whats "required" or not ....and all will be well

Should they get rid of the green arrow? ....I'll buy that

I don't know how this debate got so turned around. I'm not arguing for or against any browser. I can live with what IE does. All I've ever said is that RF needs to conspicuously post a sticky tutorial on how to import from the swap files. If they would do that then newbies like me wouldn't have to bother other members to show them how to import. How can anybody argue against that?

Yup, that has been REPEATEDLY pointed out to him, but he chooses to ignore it.

Not only is there a sticky, there is a guide next to EVERY download that goes into the same, there are countless threads on this too, AND the program was adjusted to deal with the mis-named downloads.

Somehow he finds it incumbent to report a problem that does not exist.

Your logic is fatally flawed. By your own words I am the victim of mis-information and still you pursue & harass me instead of the victimizer(s). Shame on you. Now that you've enlightened yourself I'm sure you'll find someone more appropriate to stalk. Have a nice life.:rolleyes:

Victim of mis-information?

No, you are SPREADING mis-information, by requesting a fix for something that you erroneously perceive as a problem.

SHAME ON YOU! For doing so.
SHAME ON YOU! For trying to put the blame for your mistake on others.
SHAME ON YOU! For not listening to those who know better than you.
SHAME ON YOU! For implying that a correct response is "stalking'.

( In which case, I have well over 11k worth of "stalking" messages here as do many other "veterans"... )

Last edited:
. All I've ever said is that RF needs to conspicuously post a sticky tutorial on how to import from the swap files. If they would do that then newbies like me wouldn't have to bother other members to show them how to import.
:confused:
Yet ....Here we are ! :confused:.............

I think it funny that you say there should be a sticky to avoid all of this import rigamoro /confusion ...
when its pretty obvious you never even looked for a sticky in the first place ! ....or even tried to use the search option

Boof69's import sticky has been in plain sight for well over a year , second one from the top in the RF6 section (exactly were one would look for a relevant up to date sticky!)

Guess we need a "How to look for a sticky" ....sticky ! ? ...wait , sorry ........that wont work

Don't shoot the messenger !
As opjose has said
the same info has been here in one form or another countless times before boof69 ever "stuck it".....at least since I joined this forum in '09.

Lets move on
its been a win win situation for you !...

You now know how to import RF files with out confusion and also learned where the most relevant stickys are

As well as having been introduced to IMO , one of , if not thee most all around RF knowledgeable and PC savviest persons here at the forum.........no not me:p

Last edited:
Back