How to import??

If you can't handle English try another language, I speak several.

You've decided to point out a problem that you perceive exists, when it does not.

As such there is NO problem nor point to contacting Knifeedge.

"Move along, nothing to see here..." - Starwars

Whatever other languages you speak, English is in question. The fact that I needed help from forum members to properly use a forum function is sufficient evidence that you are wrong. It could only benefit newbies for a sticky to be added to inform of the proper procedures for importing from swap files. It would also benefit experienced forum users by not having to answer the same question repeatedly. If you don't understand what I just said you only think you speak English.

Give Mozilla Firefox a try. Download the file from the swaps to wherever and import it from the import menu in the sim. Easy peasy.

Firefox does not change the extensions.

Last edited:
Give Mozilla Firefox a try. Download the file from the swaps to wherever and import it from the import menu in the sim. Easy peasy.

Thanks for the suggestion. What's the deal with the upload limit?

yup
And I've never had it change ext. with yahoo either
In fact .....from day 1 of RF4 (I never had Internet with G3) I have never seen anything other than a Rfx or g3x file dl'd from the Swap page in my DL folder
What's the deal with the upload limit?
Upload Limit ?:D
Didn't know there was one ...In fact many of us would applaud if it had a upload limitation We ( yes... there's a frog in my pocket ) have been asking for one for a long time ....
Gang posting is kind'a frowned upon around here
It sucks to have the file that you or someone else spent upwards of 30 to 100 or more hours Creating ...
JUST to have 8 year old Little Billy bury it in the resent upload list with 10 ugly Color-Fill CSs and 15 worthless giant scale AVs an hour later .......files that took Little Billy 3 min. to "Create"...or maybe not even that long..I've seen some that probably took longer to upload .....than to make:rolleyes::p

Last edited:
ya :rolleyes: my bad
I forgot Norton had that in his sig ....read my previous post
I'm pretty sure Norton and I are on the same page as to why a limit would be nice

Last edited:
YUP:eek:

Trash, because they can.

Trust me, 90% of the swap files are trash.

But there are some killer ones out there.

Last edited:
Is there a way to know the difference?

There are only a handful of good modelers. You can find some through their build threads. There are also some sort features on the swap pages such as "most popular", although popular doesn't always mean good. With a little research you can find the good ones.

To start with you should try to stick with planes that are made for the version of RealFlight you are using, otherwise you will likely have to some some editing to get them to fly right.

Regards
Michael

Anything from any of these Quality Custom Content providers ....... I guarantee will not disappoint you
( in random , off the top of my head order )

EA's:
jeffpn
Maj. Numbskully *
Boof69
abaser
oneder
Ricky Delton
thegibson
Madratter
dhk79
mwilson914
willsonman
oneeyejack
viennalex76
Fly_electric
flexible

* (by the courtesy of jeffpn , we were collaborators , he made the 3D Models
I did the CS's...... so some of his EAs are on his Swap Page , and some of his EAs are on my Swap Page)

CS's:
uncle twist
twoeleven

To see / DL any of the above quality Content Creators files
enter their user name in the search box at the Swap Page

There are many other talented contributors here ...(If I left someone out let me know guys )

Last edited:
There are only a handful of good modelers. You can find some through their build threads. There are also some sort features on the swap pages such as "most popular", although popular doesn't always mean good. With a little research you can find the good ones.

To start with you should try to stick with planes that are made for the version of RealFlight you are using, otherwise you will likely have to some some editing to get them to fly right.

Regards
Michael

"Good modelers"......what exactly does that mean today? I've always thought of myself as a modeler by my definition includes actually building models. I've been pretty much inactive for some time and now I can't find anything to build, not even plans. I've been looking for a kit for over a year. I'd be ecstatic to find an Ugly Stik.

Anything from any of these Quality Custom Content providers ....... I guarantee will not disappoint you
( in random , off the top of my head order )

EA's:
jeffpn
Maj. Numbskully *
Boof69
abaser
oneder
Ricky Delton
thegibson
Madratter
dhk79
mwilson914
willsonman
oneeyejack
viennalex76
Fly_electric
flexible

* (by the courtesy of jeffpn , we were collaborators , he made the 3D Models
I did the CS's...... so some of his EAs are on his Swap Page , and some of his EAs are on my Swap Page)

CS's:
uncle twist
twoeleven

To see / DL any of the above quality Content Creators files
enter their user name in the search box at the Swap Page

There are many other talented contributors here ...(If I left someone out let me know guys )

Thanks for the list. I'll look up these creators.

I could have sworn there was and Ugly Stick for RF already available ...I just looked in all the Ex. Packs (1-7) and all the free Add-Ons (1-5) and stock aircraft , as well as at the Swap Page ....no joy??....maybe the creator pulled it or its listed under something other than "Ugly Stick"

"Good modelers"......what exactly does that mean today? I've always thought of myself as a modeler by my definition includes actually building models. I've been pretty much inactive for some time and now I can't find anything to build, not even plans. I've been looking for a kit for over a year. I'd be ecstatic to find an Ugly Stik.

heh, heh

RF models are 3d models created in a 3d modeling program
Just as in the real world there are great builders and ones that leave a lot to be desired

Also the 3d model is just one part of a 3 part equation to an EA
The accuracy of the physics model (I.E. how it flys) that comes with the EA is just as important as the model itself (even though it can be corrected afterwards..that's what an AV is for )
those listed above usually have good physics out of the box ..which was one thing I took into consideration when I suggested those content creators

Just because a 3d model looks good does not mean its NOT gonna fly like a brick !
and the other hand ...
some of these guys can make what literally looks like a brick................. fly like a 3d Extra ! :p

Last edited:
I could have sworn there was and Ugly Stick for RF already available ...I just looked in all the Ex. Packs (1-7) and all the free Add-Ons (1-5) and stock aircraft , as well as at the Swap Page ....no joy??....maybe the creator pulled it or its listed under something other than "Ugly Stick"

heh, heh

Just as in the real world there are great builders and ones that leave a lot to be desired

The accuracy of the physics model (I.E. how it flys) that comes with the EA is just as important as the model itself (even though it can be corrected afterwards..that's what an AV is for )
those listed above usually have good physics out of the box ..which was one thing I took into consideration when I suggested those content creators

Just because a 3d model looks good does not mean its NOT gonna fly like a brick !
and the other hand ...
some of these guys can make what literally looks like a brick................. fly like a 3d Extra ! :p

I've done a little aerodynamic design in years gone by. Maybe I'll try my hand at it. I certainly am not finding anything to build. Where can I find the programs to use?

Google These 3:

3dsMax 2012 student version .....free
or
wings 3D......free (but you'll still need 3dsMax)

KEMax (exporter tool) Free

Photo shop
or
Gimp ......free
(or any photo editor that is compatible with .tga files and lets you work on the RGB and alpha Channels
there are lots of tutorials here as well and there are many people who are willing to help......... if you show some initiative

Last edited:

heh, heh

and the other hand ...

I found a version of a Stik here: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=12647&highlight=Stik

Back