How to Setup DX8G2 for Use with WS2000 Dongle Part I (airplane)

USB 3.0 on the laptop but when I use the extension it's probably 2.0. After I got it working with the extension, I shut everything down and restarted with the dongle plugged in directly to the USB port on the side of my laptop and it still worked fine. I need to fully charge my DX8 to see how it performs above 8 volts..

Don't know with out checking the specs. There are two USB ports on the Surface Book 3, plus I have a powered USB extension which con't be more than USB 2. Why?

USB_ports_by_color.png

The InterlinkDX and the Dongle are Type A | B. The dongle might work better if its plugged into a matching type. Just a try thing.

marcus

Okay thanks. Well just looking at the color, the port on my laptop has a white bar, so maybe type B. In any case, it seems to be working to some degree pending more tests tomorrow.

Fyi - During calibrate, if the stick on the screen doesn't reflect the movement of your throttle, check to see that you placed your transmitter's top right, motor/throttle switch in the "ARM" position. It took me about an hour to find that solution.

Thanks Marcus. Restored my faith that there is a way through this. I am flying helis. Could you send the link for the Heli setup please?

Greetings,
I have attached a compressed zip folder containing the profiles necessary to attach the DX8G2 to the WS2000 for generic airplane support.

The zip folder contains the following two files:

Spektrum WS2000 (Gen Plane Sim II).radioprofile
... this is the Sim controller radio profile: folder: ~/Documents/RealFilght 9/Radio Profiles/

006~6 Gen Plane Sim II.SPM
... this is the DX8G2 model (6) which may be imported to the DX8G2

Both files are required. With these files you can get your airplanes working with your DX8G2 and the WS2000 dongle without having to do the programming yourself. The radio profile is placed into the appropriate Sim folder on your PC, and the DX8 model is imported using the DX8G2 Transport SD Card utility under model System Setup.

Once the files are installed you will need to select the controller radio profile with the Sim Select Controller option, and you will need to select the model on your DX8G2 and then BIND your DX8 to the W2000 receiver... then you're good to fly !

PS edit: CAUTION... I exported the model as model 006~6; be careful when you import that you don't over-write an existing model (6). You'll need to import the model appropriately to match your current setup on the DX8G2... measure twice, cut once.

PSS edit: DX8G2 import|export can be accomplished with an SD card, or with the programming cable. If you have questions please ask, or you can reference the DX8G2 doc.

marcus
Hi Marcus,

Thanks very much for posting the SIM and TX files - really helped - I was struggling to get everything setup and working until I installed your files.

Chris

Thanks Marcus. Restored my faith that there is a way through this. I am flying helis. Could you send the link for the Heli setup please?
I created two. The first was a heli counter-part to the 'plane' version. The second is a combination 'combo' which may be used for both 'planes' and 'helis'; still using only eight (8) channels. You should be able to find them with a simple search; however, if you have trouble I will repost them here.

marcus

I used this setup with my DX8G2 and a WS1000 Dongle. It worked just fine with my RF Evolution simulator. Thanks very much. I am thrilled being able to train with my flight transmitter. Someday soon I hope to get an iX14. I hope it works with that.
Thank you so very much.

Back