Howard 500 Build Thread

Looks great. I never expected a full cockpit or even a full interior on the initial request for this model. This is going to be one awesome looking model.

The side door looks like its a separate part. Does it open?

The side door is a separate part and can be animated. I plan on doing so in order to get a better peek inside.

Tweaked the fuse's transition from nose to cabin to get rid of the "cheek" distortion under the cockpit windows. Temporarily added some anti-alias to the fuse stripes to get an idea of what it will look like without the jaggies. This will actually be one of the last steps taken, so future in-progress shots will go back to being jaggy until I'm finished with those layers.

Attachments

• Image27.jpg
    Image27.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 10
Other than any bump or spectral maps needed, I think the color scheme is pretty much done. Smoothing is next and that should allow me a close look at the CS too and see if I missed anything.

Attachments

• Image29.jpg
    Image29.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 20
The side door is a separate part and can be animated. I plan on doing so in order to get a better peek inside.

Roughly 70% of the smoothing is done. Most of the left side plus most of the common (alphabetically down to Nacelle_L), about 15 parts to go.

Attachments

• Image30.jpg
    Image30.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
Plane is in RealFlight and I'm starting on the physics.

Attachments

• Image31.jpg
    Image31.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 18
Great model and I love the detail and the flight characteristics. I guess the prop wouldn't work?

I've still got the prop files, but could never get the blur disk to work right. I'll post the files here when I get back to my PC.

EDIT: To install the Howard Prop, unzip this file to: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers or My Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers.

Attachments

• Propellers.zip
    135.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks for the prop. I installed per the instructions and now when I use the prop I get a couple errors and the CCW prop shows no artwork.

Errors are as follows

Texture Warning 3331: DDS texture C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers\Howard_CW.dds found but corresponding TGA not found.
Texture 'Howard_CCW' not found in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers or o:\rfsim\image\models\commontextures\
Texture Warning 3331: DDS texture C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers\Howard_CW.dds found but corresponding TGA not found.
Texture 'Howard_CCW' not found in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\RealFlight 6\Vehicles\Propellers or o:\rfsim\image\models\commontextures\
Loaded: Howard 500

Attachments

• ScreenShot1370471066.jpg
    ScreenShot1370471066.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 20
I just looked at the zip and a TGA file is missing from it. I snagged the DDS file rather than the TGA file.

Attachments

• Howard_CW.zip
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back