Imposters smoking up Multiplayer

There's at least one, possibly more douches on RF Multiplayer who's only purpose is to fill up the room with black smoke. That's their stated purpose... just to screw up the sim for everyone. Total jerk(s).

They use legitimate user's names. So far I've seen Chikko and OB used. At least one of them has been at it for a month or more.

Freaking disgusting peices of crap they are. I usually just use Hide but it still galls me. Wish we could do something. They're probably using a bootleg version of RF... maybe those could be screened out somehow? I dunno but it's a bummer :(

This used to happen on a regular basis 3-4 yrs. ago. Any person can adjust their smoke to that level in the editor. and I couldn`t agree more, it is very annoying and discourteous. you may want to try starting your own MP sessions with a password to join in, you`ll have to play with known individuals though, ones you can trust not use that amount of smoke. (in order to pass along the password, via PM) I can`t recall if there`s a way to ban them, I haven't used MP in some time.

Last edited:
I've seen the troll(s) on several servers months ago and people were saying they weren't the real person. There is a way to ban them (it should be in the multiplayer menu), but I think I saw somewhere on here that said there is a way these trolls can get out of being banned using some sort of network thing or something like that, so the best thing to do is what uncle twist said with password sessions.

Easy fix, disable particles. No more smoke

Even better... you can hide them altogether. They use an oversized plane and hang right in front of the camera blocking the view as much as possible.

Yes you can ban them. But I'm seldom the host. But I think he does use some way of spoofing his IP so he can't be effectively banned. He's bragged about that specifically.

Yes, you can use password protected rooms... and I've seen a great increase in the use of password rooms lately. Probably for just this reason. Of course I don't know the passwords so I can't join those. So it seems this is actually affecting the way we enjoy RF, which is his goal. The ****ing ********.

Isn't there some nifty way to ban bootleg copies/dongles ? I'm sure this filth didn't shell out actual money for the sim.

As mentioned above, all particles go away. I don't like smoke myself including exhaust smoke and usually always fly something electric in multi-player so my particles stay off. I would never see someone smoking up a session.

As mentioned above, all particles go away. I don't like smoke myself including exhaust smoke and usually always fly something electric in multi-player so my particles stay off. I would never see someone smoking up a session.

Then they'll switch to infinite streamers, missiles, and guns. I believe the explosions from missiles aren't affected by turning particles off, so the troll will still have a way to troll.

The smoke from them is disabled from particles. Another easy fix is start the game "fun fly no weapons" no problem any more.

It is a shame. I've gone to only flying helis in MP and on protected sessions where I'm privy to the passwords. You can pretty much be assured if it's a commonly known nym it's an imposter if they are behaving in such a manner.
Bans are only based on IP address. If they use VPN all they have to do is log into a different server and bingo .. new IP and they're back in. It's no super hacking talent.

BTW if you see me running a MP session the password will be the same as whatever Steve's currently is.

Last edited:
I rarely host anymore but the ones I do host are almost always fun fly no weapons, so that kinda stuff doesn't get in the way, I always disable particles. If everyone in the session wants to shoot it up though, I usually turn off the no weapons thing and let everyone go to town with the guns and rockets. I usually let the group vote on it though.

Last edited:
Online harrassment

You can't kick or ban them either. Was told if I paid a fee to someone all would be good. OB and Chikko are some of names used. Whoever it is needs to be permanently banned. Really messes up the enjoyment of other people too!

You can't kick or ban them either. Was told if I paid a fee to someone all would be good. OB and Chikko are some of names used. Whoever it is needs to be permanently banned. Really messes up the enjoyment of other people too!

The only people who can kick or ban is the host of the session. It is easily done. As I have mentioned in this thread, there are two ways to make people like this ineffective, disable particles and use funfly no weapons and that takes away almost all their annoyances.

It is a shame. I've gone to only flying helis in MP and on protected sessions where I'm privy to the passwords.
Bans are only based on IP address. If they use VPN all they have to do is log into a different server and bingo .. new IP and they're back in. It's no super hacking talent.

Yes EXACTLY! Passwords used to be rare. Now at least 80% of the sessions are password protected... because of this one ******!

The smoke from them is disabled from particles. Another easy fix is start the game "fun fly no weapons" no problem any more.

Yes, whenever I host I use the "Funfly no-weapons" option. Disabling particles has to be done by every pilot individually. So anyone who joins and finds a black room may just leave... assuming something is wrong or if they don't know about the Hide & No-particles options.
Better to Hide them, because they use a giant Yak and hang right in front of the cam in order to block the view.

Anyway these are workarounds for an individual session. Let me ask the group... How big of a deal is it if casual players can't join any sessions because they're all Password Protected? That's the goal of this ****ing **** Stain.

Again, his STATED GOAL is to screw up Realflight for all of us.

Last edited:
It's not the desired solution but I recommend you join some other forums and get to know people. Once you do I'm sure you will get invited into the protected sessions.
If you are into helicopters I suggest Helifreak. If you are into just planes then I'd suggest RCGroups. Either one is good for all R/C stuff so that is just my opinion.
It's fun to talk and comment about our hobby with others as well as fly together on the simulator. Plus any problem you have folks are more than willing to help you solve it.

Yes there is this one troll and he has been consistently degrading the fun of being able to
host or join an open session.

I think we should all work together to fix this problem and get the software vendor
involved and actually interested in helping us.

I feel The multiplayer software itself is very weak and has not changed hardly any since it's inception I'm looking for a word.. opposite of "robust" whatever that may be.

I've asked for many times and would like to see improvements to multiplayer.

1. The ability to run a game host directly and NOT be forced to go through
KnifeEdge/Hobbico's cloud/proxy.

2. The ability to block participants not just by individual IPs but by network ranges or
entire IP subnets as well as the ability to deny/block Proxy/fallback connections.
A crafty troll can still connect to your session even if you have blocked their
IP address by going though the KnifeEdge/Hobbico proxy if they know how to do this.

That said I think I have made some significant progress in prohibiting the bad guy from
joining my sessions.

This evening I allowed the bad guy to connect to my session over 20 times and kept manually banning the user.

Over the course of 1 hour he would connect and repeatedly just change his IP address
to reconnect.

This evening they came from 3 different network ranges while trying to harass and torment
Our session:

109.201.0.0 leaseweb.com Amsterdam

74.120.0.0 did no look up

and-
95.211.0.0 leaseweb Netherlands

I blocked these network ranges and had no further joining from the bad guy this evening
since I applied the network block rules in our company firewall.

So I *might* have a technical fix for this issue for now.

I will see of it proves to work well over time and gets rid of this idiot on our open sessions.

I feel strongly that the software vendor needs to be more actively involved in helping with
issues like this and not allowing one single bad user to take away as much fun from the
multiplayer experience as this person has been doing for such a long time now.

Steve

Last edited:
No ripps given ok.
:)

Or you're all just busy like I am and go 3 or 4 weeks without looking here sometimes.

Back