Interlink DX sliders

JackV

As you can tell I am new to the forum but I will probably have a lot of questions. My first question is: What is the purpose and use for the right and left sliders on the back of the controller? Thanks

a few models, notably some of @legoman 's, use those two sliders for head movement for first-person cameras:

Last edited:
I haven't seen any other models that use those, but I may have missed them.

I had similar questions when I started using RealFlight. I left a message in this forum asking what all of the switches are for. The answer I got then is that it depends on the model. At the time, I was unsatisfied with that answer because it seemed like all those switches must be for SOMETHING.

But since then, I've come to realize that that really is the case. The only controls that are conventionally used similarly across aircraft are:
  • gear retracts (or smoke): back left switch (labeled A)
  • dual rates: top far-left switch (C)
  • flaps: top center-left switch (the long skinny one) (D)
The upper back left switch (B) is often used for auxiliary functions like AS3x & safe mode, canopies, or anything that the model maker decides. (@technoid's older models use it for smoke and retracts. I've also seen it used for canopies.)

I've only seen the controls on the right side of the DX controller used once or twice, never by any of the stock models that come with RealFlight.

On last thought, some of the controls on the right side are sometimes used by helicopters, specifically the longest one (H) for throttle hold (or is it idle-up? šŸ˜Š).

Last edited:
Full-house sailplanes may use the sliders for flaps/spoilers/crow/camber. But crow is usually on the throttle stick - low throttle is full crow maximum drag, full throttle is minimum drag. I'm pretty sure I've seen crow on 9/10 for some 3D planes that use the throttle as expected.

Last edited:
Back