Just purchased 7.5 - high end machine, HORRIBLE graphics quality

shakes268

Well, something is extremely wrong here. On high quality everything looks terrible - and even looks to the point that resolution is incorrect.

I have a high end gaming machine with two ATI/AMD 5900's crossfire giving me 2GB of video ram. I have a Intel i7 3Ghz, 16GB of ram and running SSD drives.

Anyone had a bad experience with the graphics? I can play the newest games on high settings with no issue but RF 7.5 looks absolutely horrible.

Here is a link to a screen shot: http://d.pr/i/x0pF

Last edited:
Under the settings menu for graphics disable depth of field and make sure normal maps are turned on.

Update your drivers AGAIN.

Then reboot, re-install DirectX9.0c redistributable, reboot again and finally go into the CCC and adjust the transparency settings.

This is a known problem with the ATI drivers ( not Realflight ) and it's default transparency settings.

Those black areas are supposed to be transparent with easily readable white text.

See the other threads on this subject around here.

This is one reason I moved away from ATI...

Here is another screen shot where you select the scenario - notice the pixelation in the icons and buttons - this is what makes me think its not handling the correct resolution of 1920x1200

http://d.pr/i/1aZN9+

Try.

Simulation/Settings/Graphics/Hardware

Make sure the settings are correct, you can click on them to set them. Make sure the resolution is set correctly.

Update your drivers AGAIN.

Then reboot, re-install DirectX9.0c redistributable, reboot again and finally go into the CCC and adjust the transparency settings.

This is a known problem with the ATI drivers ( not Realflight ) and it's default transparency settings.

Those black areas are supposed to be transparent with easily readable white text.

See the other threads on this subject around here.

This is one reason I moved away from ATI...

I was just going to post that this has happened before Here. :D

UPDATE:

I removed the ATI drivers - ran the software with the default windows drivers and everything was fine.

I added the ATI drivers back and everything looks terrible again.

So its something with the latest ATI drivers.

Back