Knife Edge Software RealFlight 6 Grapple feature

ya my attempt was out of shear Boar-dumb and curiosity :p
was hoping to get some feed back in the comments section from more experienced with the lift heli's (helies in general

what was missing from the AP? it was edited from Painted canyon from Add-On 4

also I'm assuming AP objects for the lift heli need to be Dynamic not static ...........correct?

Last edited:
I got an error about a missing scene or something and the only place I could find it was manage user files. I imported it twice and gave up.

Could just be me Maj. Right now only one of my add ons is showing up on the tree. Haven't messed with it yet to see what's going on. Yes Maj. lift objects dynamic.

Last edited:
I thought it was a great idea and it seems to really popular with the downloaders considering that before today there were about a dozen people that could use it. :rolleyes:

I did try your jayhawk though. Great job on the grapple set up but it was a stinker to fly in 6. I'm working on a solution for you.

So what did I do right or wrong with the Jay hawk AV ?
I wanted to upscale it .....but was not sure how to change the blade and tail rotor length

I have no clue when it comes to editing helis :p :rolleyes:

LOL It's nothing you did. I can't get any of the jayhawk AV's to fly well yet and I've tried a lot of stuff.

I have a question for Knife Edge.

I'm not sure if this question has already been asked or not, but I'm thinking it may have. Would it be possible on a future release to designate a modeled object as the visual grappling hook. This would be sort of like the motor/engine to show feature.

I know there are complications as to how the hook/grapple pivot would be setup. I'm not sure what all could be possible and what couldn't since I'm not a programmer for KE.

Here is the main reason I ask. This is for the second version of the SkyCrane I'll upload to the swaps.

Attachments

• wench-hook-progress.jpg
    wench-hook-progress.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 22
jeffpn said:
You can assign an object to the grapple in the editor. I'd say it's possible now.

I thought that was the case and I tried looking for that option, but couldn't find where you can assign an object. I've been awake for over 24 hours now, so my mind is a bit off right now. (I'm on-call for my day/night job, not modelling 24/7)

I'll look again, but I'm going to get off my PC shortly.

On a relevant note. I modeled a bit more on that hook and I'm now a couple hundred polys over the limit. :(

This shows how you can assign a visual component. Of course it won't work like the engine to show feature.

Attachments

• 11-4-2011 3-34-43 PM.jpg
    11-4-2011 3-34-43 PM.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 19
Matt, it might worthwhile to try that hook on the agusta before you get a lot more time into it. Because it works like a magnet the visual might not be that great with something sticking to the side of your hook. For my personal version I'm looking for some kind modeler to make me some of those bull nuts like you see on those red neck pickups. :D Need some three views? ;) The visual in the stow position on a conventional heli like the Dominion would be priceless. :cool:

Last edited:
You know what?!!! It sure does help to turn on advanced settings. :eek:

I've only got another 7 days to go of no sleep. I can't wait till Saturday morning next week!!!!!!!

mwilson914 said:
You know what?!!! It sure does help to turn on advanced settings. :eek:
Yup. That got me too, with Reggie's question about the model size increase. I couldn't find the setting he found, and he didn't know where the setting was that I found.

Back