Lazy Eight Mk II

Yeah a glow engine in a foam plane is a lot of vibration but I do think the prop shaft is okay, if it's a good quality shaft, hard steel, straight, and balanced there shouldn't be much vibration. I'll go with 25 lbs. that would have been a better weight for a real model. But mine is for the Virtual World so it doesn't have to confirm to real world physics. The entire point of the plane is to explore the virtual world in RealFlight so I tailored the plane for that world.

i grabbed both the latest releases of the Lazy Eight off the swaps very nicely done thanks , and talking about Real World driveshaft vibrations , that is in engines crank shafts and driven shafts . Propeller drive systems and torsional vibrations always come into play , but balancing and having the hard steel shaft and keeping the length to a minimum also helps

Last edited:
attachment.php

This is the first thing that came to my mind the moment I saw your color scheme. Despite it being old, and slightly different, it sure is a way to bring back memories! :p

Very nicely done scheme.

Last edited:
Back