Lockheed Starliner Build thread

I may need to find an electric power plant for this plane. as the radials wont fit in my cowls by close to 10-15 percent.

skyraider engines installed
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lockheed starliner build pic 10.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 10.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Lockheed starliner build pic 11.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 11.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 60
I cannot decide whether to but the full engine in there or not since the e-motor I am using would not fit in the crank case there would need to be a short extension on the prop hub

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lockheed starliner build pic 14.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 14.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Lockheed starliner build pic 13.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 13.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 79
I cannot decide whether to but the full engine in there or not since the e-motor I am using would not fit in the crank case there would need to be a short extension on the prop hub

You know me I have a different view about this type of thing, this is a simulator model so things can be done differently than in real life so I'd do what I wanted to. So if you want the full engine in there go for it. In real life you wouldn't but the virtual world lets us do more. Now if you were creating plans for a real model that would be different.

You know me I have a different view about this type of thing, this is a simulator model so things can be done differently than in real life so I'd do what I wanted to. So if you want the full engine in there go for it. In real life you wouldn't but the virtual world lets us do more. Now if you were creating plans for a real model that would be different.

I guess the motors are not too exposed
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lockheed starliner build pic 15.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 15.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 77
I imported it in to rf today and the cowls looked small so I enlarged them and they look better. so the Saito radials are back in business.

Oil cooler and cold air intake made
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lockheed starliner build pic 17.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 17.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Lockheed starliner build pic 18.jpg
    Lockheed starliner build pic 18.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 70
Looking great Legoman, I can`t wait too see color on it, I just saw Techs. CS on the DC-4, it really brought the the plane to life, you have a CS in mind ??

Looking great Legoman, I can`t wait too see color on it, I just saw Techs. CS on the DC-4, it really brought the the plane to life, you have a CS in mind ??

The options are fairly limited with 44 aircraft across 4 operators being TWA, Air France, Lufthansa and Alaskan Airlines. I would probably do TWA or Alaskan

attachment.php

Attachments

• TWA starliner.jpg
    TWA starliner.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 67
Back