Maj. Numbskully's Request A CS

I think I got the sheet balsa and spars How does this look so far ? accurate?.... if not tell me where
if need be I'll send you an wip rfx

I have them top and bottom the bottom wing is at a different scale on the map ...even noticed differences between left and right wing tops...
this thing was poorly modeled and mapped:eek:.

Whoa Nellie! :p

Those criss cross panels are not quite that visible in sunlight, just very subtley. You see them in that one photo like that because the top hatch is off, and you can see the light coming through. So those need to be toned down a lot.

I do not understand the question, "bump spars/sheet balsa".... Sorry.

But if it means 'make the balsa parts show through the covering' like it does in the photos, yeah that's pretty much the way it looks. :)

:)

btw ....now you get it ?

Attachments

• ScreenShot1376268980.jpg
    ScreenShot1376268980.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenShot1376269079.jpg
    ScreenShot1376269079.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Actually, the stab has 4 and the elev has 3. I will upload a pic in a minute or two...

I made a post about something that turned out I was completely in error about so I deleted it.

I'm going to finnish this one .... I want to move on to something new as the creative juices are thawing out ....
But not till this one is done ........may even try my hand as a sculptors apprentice if I can find the time ...Ima got some ideas
maybe more than I can chew ...but ideas none the less;)

Last edited:
Kmot
I've been working on the Monokote / balsa spar shading
I think I have the wings, stabs and fuse sides done and are basically correct... but really still just a educated guesstamate
but The ones on the bottom of the fuse are based on what little I'm seeing in your picture album and I know they need a little adjustment
Is there anyway you can get a pic showing the rest of the "wholes"......on the whole bottom?

if you want or need a wip CS. to make it easier for you to compare .....I can email it to you ...do I have your email ...I forget

Attachments

• ScreenShot1380502532.jpg
    ScreenShot1380502532.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot1380502553.jpg
    ScreenShot1380502553.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot1380502676.jpg
    ScreenShot1380502676.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 6
kmot ...do you want me to fake in the servos / horns, I could even bump them in a little
thinking it would look more detailed at least on the fly-by up to you if I don't hear from you soon I'll just go ahead and add them that way if you don't want or like them they can easily be removed

http://www.fototime.com/inv/749A6B5A91FABE4

Last edited:
Progress

Attachments

• ScreenShot1383049989.jpg
    ScreenShot1383049989.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot1383049957.jpg
    ScreenShot1383049957.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 8
  • ScreenShots653.jpg
    ScreenShots653.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShots651.jpg
    ScreenShots651.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 5
OK I have the Aileron servo access panels (sans screws)
is there a way I could get a shot of the servo arms ,rods, horns
strait on in neutral position ?

Attachments

• ScreenShots711.jpg
    ScreenShots711.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 4
Yes, I will do that tomorrow. Looking straight down as in the photo above? Do you also want any sideways shots?

yes strait on,, even straighter and centered better than in my last screeny

side views would be helpful but since I'm only photo-faking them in they will really only be vis. from the bottom ..I am going to bump them but you still wont see much from the sides.... so side views .? up to you?

Back