Mamba 120cc

I was able to replicate asj's chrome look finally, so now I can move on to other things.

One question I do have is in Blender, I have the WS set at just shy of the 85" specs for this model. However, when I import the .fbx, it comes in at just over 17 ft. I had this issue with the Extra NG as well. anyone else experiencing this? Or do I have something off in my settings? I would think 85" is 85".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-19-23 at 11.32 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-19-23 at 11.32 PM.JPG
    699.5 KB · Views: 17
I was able to replicate asj's chrome look finally, so now I can move on to other things.

One question I do have is in Blender, I have the WS set at just shy of the 85" specs for this model. However, when I import the .fbx, it comes in at just over 17 ft. I had this issue with the Extra NG as well. anyone else experiencing this? Or do I have something off in my settings? I would think 85" is 85".
Do you have the collision mesh for the wings? I had problems with the wingspan before when I didn't have a collision mesh for them. But I don't remember it being that large.

I have had this issue myself. although my blender models are alot usuially way off in size because I use wings3d for the measurements and blender assumes metric. so you may need to use a different applied scaling.

remember.gif

while yes you need a collison mesh for accurate measurments.it typically under estimates the wingspan measure the widest part of the collison mesh usually the wheels for me. if no collison is provided for any object on import RF will "make a copy" of all the objects and use it as the collison for each piece.

I have had this issue myself. although my blender models are alot usuially way off in size because I use wings3d for the measurements and blender assumes metric. so you may need to use a different applied scaling.

View attachment 134620

while yes you need a collison mesh for accurate measurments.it typically under estimates the wingspan measure the widest part of the collison mesh usually the wheels for me. if no collison is provided for any object on import RF will "make a copy" of all the objects and use it as the collison for each piece.
Is that an option on the export pop up?

Took a small break from this one to help someone with a side project on another model. Not a whole lot to show tonight, but I did manage to set all pivots, correct naming issues, unjoin parts I didn't realize that I had joined, join parts that needed joined, and completed the hierarchy. I'll try a new import next session to make sure this will import correctly after I map all parts that I originally baked as chrome. Once I get a good import, I'll send it for physics to be set while I touch up the CS. The Mamba is getting REAL close to upload finally.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-26-23 at 11.31 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-26-23 at 11.31 PM.JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 31
Took a small break from this one to help someone with a side project on another model. Not a whole lot to show tonight, but I did manage to set all pivots, correct naming issues, unjoin parts I didn't realize that I had joined, join parts that needed joined, and completed the hierarchy. I'll try a new import next session to make sure this will import correctly after I map all parts that I originally baked as chrome. Once I get a good import, I'll send it for physics to be set while I touch up the CS. The Mamba is getting REAL close to upload finally.
WOW...Any chance we can get a pic. without all the pivot points. It looks Fantastic...... (y) (y)

I’ve got the tga applied to the base material then adjust the spec settings on that material. When ready to export I’ll adjust all those settings to 0 so it’s just a flat material again. Max will do the same thing, but not sure if you can achieve the same look or not. You can actually model in render mode if you’ve got a fast enough computer.

I’ve got the tga applied to the base material then adjust the spec settings on that material. When ready to export I’ll adjust all those settings to 0 so it’s just a flat material again. Max will do the same thing, but not sure if you can achieve the same look or not. You can actually model in render mode if you’ve got a fast enough computer.
Okay thanks. I've adjusted the material before to get a glossy look but I've never left it there. I usually save my edit, adjust the material and make a render, and then discard the changes so the baked on color is never applied to a save.

Here you go UT, a pic with no pivot points.

So after a long needed family filled weekend, I finished mapping all of the small parts that will be mapped. I believe all that's left before my final export is to do the collision mesh. After completing that, I'll export, check it all out in RF, and when completely satisfied, I'll send it to get physics done and finish the CS. This one is getting REAL close.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-29-23 at 11.57 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-29-23 at 11.57 PM.JPG
    564.6 KB · Views: 21
Hope you enjoyed your weekend...Thanks for posting the pic., that CS looks GREAT...!!!!, I really hope the spinner comes out as good as the spinner asj did for the the Extra, that`s the best looking chrome I`ve ever seen in RF.

Back