Maxum STOL

I had the hardest time getting the transparency to work on this plane. I messed with it on multiple occasions, and it always worked fine in the 3d editor but wouldn't work in RealFlight. I checked everything, including the spelling of the material name but everything seemed fine. So tonight I removed the materials on all the parts and saved it like that. Then I loaded it again and recreated and reapplied all the materials and it worked, so I'm a happy camper. So finally I can post a picture of it with the pilot inside.

Maxum STOL 27.jpg

I have a question for the guys that liked the yellow cs. Is there better colors for the stripes on it? Like the large stripes are green and the small stripes are blue, do you guys like them or would they be better other colors. Like for instance red large stripes and black small stripes. I'm not saying I want those colors I'm just throwing something out there to get you to think about the colors. Using the photoshop paths for the stripes makes it very easy to change the colors. Anyway let me know what you think.

I have a question for the guys that liked the yellow cs. Is there better colors for the stripes on it? Like the large stripes are green and the small stripes are blue, do you guys like them or would they be better other colors. Like for instance red large stripes and black small stripes. I'm not saying I want those colors I'm just throwing something out there to get you to think about the colors. Using the photoshop paths for the stripes makes it very easy to change the colors. Anyway let me know what you think.
Hard to say, that CS design/pattern lends itself to lots of options regarding color choices, of which, most would look pretty good, it really depends on a individuals likes/dislikes. There`s no right or wrong answer.

Hard to say, that CS design/pattern lends itself to lots of options regarding color choices, of which, most would look pretty good, it really depends on a individuals likes/dislikes. There`s no right or wrong answer.
Yep and that's why I'm asking for suggestions. The white one is right for me but I'm happy to make a yellow one too, even two of them if I have two people that want different colors.

I think Y/G/B work very well together. Then again, my wife used to say things like "You're not REALLY going to wear THAT shirt with THOSE pants, are you?" Now, she buys my clothes, and AFAIK I don't have anything that won't work with anything else I have. Either that, or she's given it up as a lost cause.

I think Y/G/B work very well together. Then again, my wife used to say things like "You're not REALLY going to wear THAT shirt with THOSE pants, are you?" Now, she buys my clothes, and AFAIK I don't have anything that won't work with anything else I have. Either that, or she's given it up as a lost cause.
Okay that's what I wanted to know. So the original yellow cs colors for you.

Maybe we should just call you Ken ....Bill, would your wife`s name be Barbie by any chance. ??????.....LOL No worries, my wife has done the same with me. Thank god I`m not the only one. Once married, our wives' like us to look a certain way. I think they`re reliving their childhood when they used to dress dolls, now they`re just doing as adults, kind of a circle of life so to speak.

Sorry for not chiming in right away on the CS. Been a little busy. So, for the yellow CS. I have a sailplane with the same green and yellow, but the trim is like a purple or shiny purple. And it looks or that is the colors go quite well together. Just another suggestion to try on the CS.
No problem. And thanks for the input. So it's a bit modified for you, no problem.

A short update. I started working on the physics. I adjusted all the part locations and sizes because of the mods I did to the plane. I also adjusted the cg since the fuselage got shorter and the control surfaces moved when I shortened them. I have something that seems about right but I'll fly it a bit more and then upload a beta for you to play with.

I also changed the way the full width ailerons work. For Boomer I "forced" the ailerons and flaps to move the same amount but that forced the flap settings to have a special way to set them which I found out was a problem for people that downloaded the plane because they didn't know about it or how to adjust them. So this time I removed that so the ailerons and flaps and fully independent like normal. Which means if you have the ailerons at 30 degrees and the flaps at 40 degrees (what I have now) you'll see that when the Full Width Aileron switch is ON. But that doesn't really hurt anything you just have more travel on the flap section than the aileron section of the wing. I thought I'd let you know about the change so you can look for it in the beta.

Okay, here's a beta for you to play with. The final mapping hasn't been done so the mapping isn't perfect, but it looks pretty good. Please give it a good test and give me any feedback you have. Right now the flaps have 40 degrees of travel with the elevator getting 16 percent mixing to help level the plane out. Of course you need to be going pretty slow to use that much flap. I'm sure it needs something so let me know.

Controls set for InterLink Elite

FLAPS: CH 6 Knob
BRAKES: Up Elevator
SMOKE: CH 7 Switch (no exhaust pipe yet)
FULL WIDTH AILERONS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Forward
AILERONS WITH FLAPS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Center

Maxum STOL 28.jpg

Attachments

• Maxum STOL_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 11
Sorry for not chiming in right away on the CS. Been a little busy. So, for the yellow CS. I have a sailplane with the same green and yellow, but the trim is like a purple or shiny purple. And it looks or that is the colors go quite well together. Just another suggestion to try on the CS.
Here's the two purple colors from a MonoKote color chart. Is either of them what you want?

Monokote Purple.jpg

Wow, the purple was just a suggestion but if you're offering, I'm not going to turn it down. The darker Medium Purple looks to be it TOPQ0225. So, what does it look like with the medium purple? :unsure:

Last edited:
Wow, the purple was just a suggestion but if you're offering, I'm not going to turn it down. The darker Medium Purple looks to be it TOPQ0225. So, what does it look like with the medium purple? :unsure:
I haven't done anything but do a google search for the colors but after I get back from grocery shopping I'll try the darker version out. The problem is the color in realflight is usually somewhat different than the color looks in photoshop. So I'll play with it and see what I can do.

I thought I'd post an update. I've been working with @rcdoski on the physics and he came up with some really nice tweaks to help the STOL performance. I think we've finalized the physics and right now I'm working on the 1x1 mapping for the fuselage, that's the only thing I've remapped since I made all the changes. But I wanted to 1x1 map the fuselage so I can finish the stripes on it. I did a rough go around them but I knew things would change once the 1x1 mapping was finished so I left it at that. After I finish the 1x1 mapping on the fuselage I'll finish the stripes and upload another beta so you can try @rcdoski tweaks out, they're very nice.

Bummer. I started doing the 1x1 mapping on the fuselage and ran into some problems, so I deleted it and will start over next time I work on it. I guess the heavy rounding I did to the fuselage changed something I didn't notice so I thought it would be safer to start over. But I hated wasting the work I did none-the-less.

Back