Maxum STOL

I finally got the 1x1 mapping on the fuselage finished. Normally mapping isn't that hard, just boring, but this time it was a real pain. I had to start over several times, it always messed up near the end. But I finally realized what was wrong and reworked a few areas and got it right. So now I can go back and rework the stripes on the fuselage and get them right too. This was too much like work. But right now I'm on break.

I fear that we're all dating ourselves... and each other.
It`s a blessing and a curse... I`ll change the subject....earlier this year, my son became a pilot for SkyWest Airlines, remember when Donamy built the Mooney for me that my son had bought, it wasn`t that long ago 12/2019, so it`s been roughly three yrs. that he became a private pilot, to a full blown airline pilot (first officer, soon to be captain) currently flying an Embraer E175LR......😁😁

Attachments

• PILOT TYLER, MY SON !!!.PNG
    PILOT TYLER, MY SON !!!.PNG
    815.7 KB · Views: 5
Okay, here's another beta for you to play with. It has all the latest changes I've done and the improvements to the STOL physics @rcdoski did. His improvements allow the plane to fly much more stable at slow speeds using the flaps. He did a great job on it. Please let me know if you have any problems. I haven't done the spec map yet so things will be shiny where they shouldn't be, but I'll fix that before release.

Controls set for InterLink Elite

FLAPS: CH 6 Knob
BRAKES: Up Elevator
SMOKE: CH 7 Switch
FULL WIDTH AILERONS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Forward
AILERONS WITH FLAPS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Center

There are several On Board Cameras available on a 3D field.

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Right

Maxum STOL 35.jpg

Attachments

• Maxum STOL_EA.RFX
    2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Okay, here's another beta for you to play with. It has all the latest changes I've done and the improvements to the STOL physics @rcdoski did. His improvements allow the plane to fly much more stable at slow speeds using the flaps. He did a great job on it. Please let me know if you have any problems. I haven't done the spec map yet so things will be shiny where they shouldn't be, but I'll fix that before release.

Controls set for InterLink Elite

FLAPS: CH 6 Knob
BRAKES: Up Elevator
SMOKE: CH 7 Switch
FULL WIDTH AILERONS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Forward
AILERONS WITH FLAPS: CH 8 3 POS Switch Center

There are several On Board Cameras available on a 3D field.

F4: Cinema Cam
F5: Pilot Seat
F6: Plane Front
F7: Plane Left
F8: Plane Right

View attachment 135531
thanks for the updated version technoid , this EA is looking really good

I haven't seen anyone post about a problem with the beta so I guess it's time to remap the rest of the parts that changed so I can finish it. This project started from Boomer so there was a lot of things that got reworked. So I need to remap the wing, hstab, vstab, and landing gear. All of those parts were reshaped to make Maxum. Actually just the ailerons, elevator, and rudder were reduced. But since the wings-ailerons, hstab-elevator, and vstab-rudder are mapped together I have to remap all of them.

I need some opinions on one thing. When I finish the remapping and update the color scheme for the final mapping should the slats follow the paint scheme on the wings (like it does now) or should the slats be a solid color? Maybe a medium gray?

I kinda like the colored slats. But I would like to see what it looks like with the gray just to see the difference.
I can't paint the slats a different color yet. The current slats were cut out of the wing so they're a separate part but a copy of the wing so they use the same color in the CS as the wing does. But I'm like you, unsure of what will look the best. Thus the question to you guys. But I'll start remapping the parts soon, but I'm not sure when. I'm on a little break right now.

I just finished remapping all the parts that changed so next I need to update the color scheme with the latest mapping. Then I need to update all the parts that changed in the color scheme because they changed location a little with the latest mapping.

I'm not sure about the mapping for the slats. I mapped them from the front looking back so matching the stripes on the wing to the slats might be a little tricky. But I'll play with that after I get the CS updated and remap them again if I need to.

On another note we have a RealFlight Evolution DX11 beta to play with, very cool, congrats to Ryan Douglas and the RF Team.

Back