McFoamy Build thread

jeffpn said:
I posted it a bit earlier, Eugene. It's done.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/14797

Thanks to ALL of you for superb job!! All you free time and effort did not go unnoticed! It got downloaded 94 times since yesterday! I am still amazed how you do that and will always remember any time I am flying it! Thank you for the G3.5 version, I know how much pain it was. Till Greg has a new plane I will not bug you, promise! :D

I'd be more than happy to consider any future requests from you, but I think you'll have to upgrade to the current version!!

From RC groups:
Do we have any real flight fliers in group that can edit an airframe physics? The guys over at knife edge made us a model for real flight. It needs some systematic tweaking. What I need is someone that can tweak the physics and take notes on what they changed to get this model to fly like the real thing. We will make it worth your while if you take this on, we don't have the time or know how to edit the physics.

PM me if you want to try it out and we will send you a link to the download.
Thanks,
Greg
WMParkFlyers.com
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288578&page=129

WMParkFlyer....................
BTW........jeffpn , Flexible , and I are NOT "The Guys over at KE"
We are just RealFlight Customers and members of KE's Forum who happen to make RF Custom Content for all RealFlight users to enjoy for FREE
be it for ourselves or by request as you did.

As many Members of this Forum are members of that forum I want to make it clear that jeffpn , Flexible , and myself Never ask for or receive or would even accept any kind of compensation for the RF content we create

I wanted to make that clear as in the quote above you mention :
" We will make it worth your while if you take this on"

Also since you now understand that you do not need to be a KE forum member to down load content can you please delete the links to the non- KE site
AS the files belong to members of THIS forum....... we would like all of the Down loads to come from here ;)

Last edited:
Wow this sucks.
Someone else is going to benefit our of your own hard work. :eek:

I got MIA flashbacks all over again. :rolleyes: :(

I've always liked to watch the downloads of the models we make rack up. I've never posted a model anywhere other than the forums. Since he took the liberty of posting the McFoamy on his own site, I have no idea how popular it is. Is there a <Dislike> button?

Sorry Guys

The link I posted was before the down-loadable post here. It was only put up so that our pilot could have a place to pull it from until the official release. This was during the time frame that I was asked to tweak the airframe to fly like the real thing.

Sorry for referring to you all as the Guys over at KE ... that was a typo, I meant to say Knife edge swap forum ... too little sleep :eek:

Don't worry, no one is benefiting from your hard work ... you guys did a great job and are getting all the credit.

All the links have been redirected to here so the downloads can be properly tracked.

Thanks again for all your hard work,

Greg M
WMParkFlyers.com

The guy's that made this plane probably have never flown it in real life.

If you have, it's up to you to make a AV that flies true to life. Give the editor a try and make it fly true.

Remember, no two planes fly the same. CG, Glue, Throws, engine, batteries and how it was built.

Last edited:
WMParkFlyer said:
The link I posted was before the down-loadable post here. It was only put up so that our pilot could have a place to pull it from until the official release. This was during the time frame that I was asked to tweak the airframe to fly like the real thing.
If that's the case (which I see it is) then it's more of a misunderstanding than anything else. I don't believe that file was made available on the KE forums, referring to your wondering if non-members had access to the download
(they wouldn't have, if it were posted in the thread, I think). I still appreciate you taking that file down, now that the McFoamy is available. Those downloads don't count in my book anyway, since that file was only a work in progress.

I know I'm not the Maj but this is the process to create a new CS.

Attachments

• CS_001.jpg
    CS_001.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 16
  • CS_002.jpg
    CS_002.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 12
  • CS_003.jpg
    CS_003.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 12
  • CS_005.jpg
    CS_005.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 14
  • CS_006.jpg
    CS_006.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 12
Continued....

Attachments

• CS_007.jpg
    CS_007.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 11
  • CS_008.jpg
    CS_008.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 8
  • my mcfoamy CS_CS.RFX
    5.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
There was a post in here last nigvht asking how to do this.
You could model if you tried. A good artist like you would make some great stuff.

I was wondering why you posted that and was going to ask
and figured thats what happened ....as far as modeling goes ........I've already had to turn down GQ on more than one occasion :p

jeffpn said:
Shaddap, Boof! Don't tell him that! Do you want all of my uploads to be default green?!? :eek:
Uh...uh..on second thought maj don't try it. Its hard to do, and its boring and uuh uuh wings is too expensive. Just put it out of your mind.

Back