Menu does not appear at top of screen

LKrealflight

Just installed the Evolution through Steam, everything downloaded with no issue but when I open the sim the menu at the top appears and then disappears and I cannot get it to reopen. Sim will not work at all, just the plane sitting on the runway. Using my own NX6 radio with Spektrum dongle which is successfully paired.

Any fix for this?

I have the same issue. The esc button won't open a menu. And the post also brought no solution.
I use the spektrum WS2000 dongle with evolution.

I have the same issue. The esc button won't open a menu. And the post also brought no solution.
I use the spektrum WS2000 dongle with evolution.
That post just explains the new menu system and how to get the old menus so you can use the Sim. The people at RealFlight will have to find the problem and fix it, but at least the old menus let you fly until then.

I just sent a PM to the Admin so maybe he'll see the posts about the new menu not coming up with ESC and CANCEL. They do need to look into it. The new menus work for most people but I've seen several posts where people say it doesn't.

Just installed the Evolution through Steam, everything downloaded with no issue but when I open the sim the menu at the top appears and then disappears and I cannot get it to reopen. Sim will not work at all, just the plane sitting on the runway. Using my own NX6 radio with Spektrum dongle which is successfully paired.

Any fix for this?
This sounds like a direct quote from all the other threads from people who have 12th gen Intel CPU's with the incompatible onboard video. I've seen almost that exact phrase in several recent RF9 & Evo threads. What are the specs of your PC? If the CPU is an Intel i*-12*** RF is probably trying to use the onboard viedo instead of any available add-on video card.

Here's more info about how to answer the "specs of your PC" question and find out if you're affected by the 12th Gen Intel issue.

Use notepad and open the following file: documents -> realflight -> scripts -> startup.rfscript (make sure you put file explorer so you can see all type of files)
Then type
showlegacymenu
as an extra command and save the file
If you close and open RF Evo then the old menus should stay present and you can control everything
That's what fixed it for me
But still have no way to access the new menus. Esc on the keyboard or cancel on the Interlink transmitter makes the application crash every time

For your transmitter not working, i can not help because i am using the Interlink transmitter and that one works without any problems

Use notepad and open the following file: documents -> realflight -> scripts -> startup.rfscript (make sure you put file explorer so you can see all type of files)
Then type
showlegacymenu
If you close and open RF Evo then the old menus should stay present and you can control everything
But still have no way to access the new menus. Esc on the keyboard or cancel on the Interlink transmitter makes the application crash every time

For your transmitter not working, i can not help because i am using the Interlink transmitter and that one works without any problems
You don't have to put showlegacymenu in the script file. Once you open the console and enter showlegacymenu and exit the command sticks. The command is a toggle so if the menu is not shown entering it in the console will show the menu and it will show each time you start RealFlight. But if you open the console again and enter showlegacymenu it will hide the legacymenu. So entering showlegacymenu toggles the state.

Then type
showlegacymenu

I can't get any menus. Using RF Evo with my NX8 transmitter and the dongle which are binded. I can control the default jet but cannot change planes because I cannot get to the menus. Been trying this for hours now.

I can't get any menus. Using RF Evo with my NX8 transmitter and the dongle which are binded. I can control the default jet but cannot change planes because I cannot get to the menus. Been trying this for hours now.
Also, I've been trying the esc key which does nothing and clicking buttons and trying switches on the transmitter. Like I said I binded fine.

Also I am using 12th gen Intel i7-12700H 2.3 gigahertz processor. 64-bit system. I think I saw something referencing 12th gen but didn't understand the reply

If you do not have a dedicated video card in your PC and are running with just the Intel integrated IGPU, then try the new beta fix.

How to Get the Beta Build

1. Restart your Steam client to ensure it is aware of the new versions.
    1. Right-click the Steam icon in your system tray and select Exit.
    2. Once everything closes, run Steam again.
  2. Right-click on RealFlight Evolution in your Steam library, then select Properties...
  3. In the Properties window, select Betas on the left.
  4. Click the "Select the beta you would like to opt into" dropdown control to expand the list.
  5. Select "dxvk-intel-fix". (Ignore the enter code section, no code needed)
  6. Close the Properties dialog.
  7. Steam will now download the new version (which will be a very small download).

To get the menu to show at the top of the screen, either follow the instructions in post #10 (edit Realflight start up script) or press the ~ (tilde key) and shift key together to bring up the commands, type in "showlegacymenu" (less quotes) and click the tilde key once more to exit the commands section.

Hey all, I had the same problem. But reading the threads I managed to find a solution and maybe adding it here will also help others.

Problem:
I installed RF Evolution (Steam), have a Spektrum NX10 connected by cable to USB, and when starting RF the window opens with a plane on the tarmac and paused. When I press the Esc key it un-pauses. Paused/un-paused, no menus appear, just a view of a plane on the tarmac. Tilda + shift keys (~ + shift) didn't do anything either.

My system spec:
12th gen Intel i9-12900H 2.5GHz, 64 bit, Win 11 Pro ver 22H2 (os build 22621.2283), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU.

Solution:
The suggestion that Win11 is auto-managing apps to use either CPU GPU or the dedicated GPU seems to be the cause. When I changed Steam and Realflight .exe files to use the dedicated GPU by default, rather than letting Windows choose, it fixed the problem. To change this, go to:
  1. Start> type Settings, then go into System>Display>Graphics.
  2. Where it says "Add an App" change the drop down to 'Desktop App' if it says 'Microsoft Store App', and then click on Browse
  3. Here you have to find the Steam and RealFlight .exe files. If you've installed both apps into default folders then you'll find:
    1. Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam and I added steam.exe, streaming_client.exe and GameOverlayUI.exe, click Add.
    2. RealFlight: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam>steamapps>common>RealFlight Evolution and add RealFlight64.exe, click Add.
  4. Then back in System>Display>Graphics screen, you see them in the list of All Apps at the bottom.
  5. Click on any one you added and choose Options
  6. Check 'High Performance' radio button and choose Save.
  7. Do this for each .exe program you added.
  8. Close Steam and RF apps if you have them open and restart them.
Hope this helps. Cheers

Last edited:
Je viens d’installer l’évolution via Steam, tout téléchargé sans problème, mais lorsque j’ouvre la carte SIM, le menu en haut apparaît puis disparaît et je ne peux pas le rouvrir. Sim ne fonctionnera pas du tout, juste l’avion assis sur la piste. En utilisant ma propre radio NX6 avec le dongle Spektrum qui est jumelé avec succès.

Une solution pour cela?
Je viens d’installer l’évolution via Steam, tout téléchargé sans problème, mais lorsque j’ouvre la carte SIM, le menu en haut apparaît puis disparaît et je ne peux pas le rouvrir. Sim ne fonctionnera pas du tout, juste l’avion assis sur la piste. En utilisant ma propre radio NX6 avec le dongle Spektrum qui est jumelé avec succès.

Une solution pour cela?

Back