FederFlyer

Middle Earth 2_AP

FederFlyer

FederFlyer submitted a new upload:

Middle Earth 2_AP

This is an enclosed environment with a medieval theme.

Click here for a flying tour video. The thumbnail images do not show the complete experience. Unfortunately, the video is low quality because this is a complex airport that taxed my PC when running RF and my video recording program at the same time

There are several spawn points. Press "X" to cycle to each point.

Custom objects:

• MX2 - created by...

View the Swap Page

They were made using the standard airport editor and standard objects. I decide what I want them to have, then I see which objects can be manipulated to get the desired result.

For example, in the Middle Earth employee area, the industrial-looking building is a gas station that is turned backwards and embedded in the hill. The colored tops of the lake castle are tents lowered onto the walls. In Skydrome 2, the platform support arms under the dirigibles are radio towers that were rotated.

These types of airports require many hours of work. I have spent hours just getting a few objects positioned correctly. Some people spend time making aircraft; I enjoy making airports.

I have more ideas, but I need a bigger catalog of objects. There are many free 3D models, I just need to learn how to export them from Blender in a format that can be imported in RealFlight.

Objects are typically shared in airports that are uploaded to the swap pages. If I am able to convert objects, then I will include them in airports. If I find a way to convert a lot of objects then I may create airports that are just for sharing objects. But at the moment it is just wishful thinking because I have not yet been able to convert any objects.

Vectary is very simple. It is only suitable for static objects, not for making a plane.

I've seen comments from legoman that Blender can make aircraft, but I have no experience with that.

Color schemes are done via a paint program, like Photoshop or paint.net

Back