Multiplayer: "Could not connect to at least one player."

LosiRacer

I've been receiving this message a lot lately. Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

For example, I'll join a multiplayer session no problem then a minute later, I get booted and that is the message I have in the lower left.

Thanks,
JitsuGuy

Just an update here. I set a few port-forwarding rules on my Linksys router and have been able to connect to other sessions fine.

Sure, sorry, I was at work and didn't know the settings off the top of my head...

Go to Application and Gaming.

Create 2, G3 rules and enable them. One should be start 6703 to 6703, use "Both" as the protocol and then your PC's IP.
The other rule is the same except ports 2300 to 2400.

Let me know if this works for you.

More info please

I too get booted 60+% of the time whith the same message. Is this fix you talk about in the lynksys router set utility or what? If you dont mind please go step by step as to the fix. With details like I dont know nothing (most of the time I dont :)
Thanks Lonnie

OK.. Most routers are very similar, but this setup comes from a Linksys.
First...
Figure out what the IP address is on your machine. To do this... Goto Start/Run, and type CMD. A DOS type window will launch. Type in "IPCONFIG /ALL" no quotes. IT will display your local IP address as well as some other info. Assuming your router wasn't ever changed, your IP address will show up as 192.168.1.xx
Second.
We need to log into the Router. Go to your internet browser and type in the default IP address of the router http:// 192.168.1.1
It will ask for a user name and password. The default is
user: left blank
password:admin
or
admin, admin
or admin, left blank (It all depends on your firmware version)
A GUI will launch, and then you will need to go to the applications and gaming tab, or the port forwarding tab. It depends on what firmware you are running. You will only see one or the other.
Third.
You will see some sort of table with verbaige about port range forwarding. This is where you will enter the parameters. These ports are very important. IT is how your computer responds to the internet, as well as different software programs.
On the left side you should see a spot to give it a name. Name this entry anything you like. The port range should start from 6703 to 6703. Next to that you will see drop down boxes for TCP, UDP or BOTH. Select BOTH. A little further to the right, you will see an entry spot for an IP address. This is where you will enter your computers IP address, 192.168.1.xx (The xx is a variable to whatever number the router assigned to your computer) typically a number between 1 - 50.
Fourth
Make another entry below this one with the port range 2300 to 2400. The rest is the same as above. Make sure the enable check boxes are checked.
Fifth
Save settings at the bottom of the screen, and your good to go. Exit out and launch the game.

This should do it.

Patrick

as a follow-up; the fixes of port fowwarding 6703 and 2300-2400 do not work. I'm still frequently getting booted from various multiplayer servers due to "could not connect to at least one player."

Come on knifeedge, please improve the multiplayer aspect's reliability.

Join the club of alot of us. I took
my router off of my system and still no love! I have done all of the fixes and and still nothing. I can join but get booted 3/4 of the time by a person that want's to fly with me? Whats going on here??? Alot of other people are in the same boat? I really want to host but thats really not even in the cards if i get booted from a session right and left?

Knife Edge, come on guy's. All of the other servers work( anything)? Why does yours not? I'm not a gamer, I'am a pilot! Give us some help please???????????? This is a big problem that needs to be fixed!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Once again, "still no response from KE".

However, with that said, the following post has resolved _all_ of the multiplayer issues I have had.

The post is geared towards someone hosting, but also applies to someone joining another server.... mainly that it appears that sometimes realflight cannot determine the external IP address if you are behind a NATting firewall (most of them) and/or it is stupidly embedding IP addresses in the data portion.

Regardless, if anyone is having issues with connecting where you are disconnect with "Could not connect to at least one player.", try the link below:

https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=12146

Back