No motor sounds in Drone Simulator

argileh

I recently bought the RealFlight Drone Simulator and installed it on my PC. The issue is that there is no sound of the motors (I tried all the drones). No motor sounds when I lift off or move forward or backward. The motor sounds do come on intermittently when I push the aileron stick left or right (the sounds do not come on immediately when I move the aileron stick, but with a lag of 1-2 seconds, and are not continuous, they come and go).

It is worth noting that the sound of the Drone hitting the ground always comes on.

I uninstalled and reinstalled but no luck. My PC has decent specs (4770K 3.5Ghz, Nvidia 780T, 16GB Ram). Sound card drivers are up to date.

Any clue, thanks for the help.

I don't personally have RealFlight Drone.
I believe it operates, basically, on the same platform as RealFlight 7.5. So this should probably be applicable.
I found this in RealFlight 7 Forum:
Sticky: Frequently Asked Questions - RF7
Q. I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING SOUND FROM RF7, WHAT CAN I DO?
A. You should first check to see that you are using the latest drivers for your system. See this thread for some ideas.
Here's that link: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=30325

The solution in this situation: The sound was set to 5.1 surround. Changed to stereo and BAM! Engine sound!

If the solution listed, doesn't work, I suggest you note "Ryan Douglas, Administrator's", Questions, in link provided.
Contact Technical Support (see gray bar near top of page)
For best/fastest results, If Possible, Contact Via Telephone. (during their working hours)
This will give you one on one support, with a trained RealFlight technician. They should be able to lead you to a solution. Their good guys.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
adrenoline,

Thanks very much. It worked. I changed to stereo and I have the full sound.

Much appreciated.

Back