Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

I am okay with doing the mustang but I really dont want to start any drama or step any toes since technoid's PX-51 is still on going. I know people say we have different audiences I am not as sure.

But here is a screen shot of some quarter scale mustangs. The 'A' model is out of FS2004 I think

ScreenShot1639722116.jpg

I am okay with doing the mustang but I really dont want to start any drama or step any toes since technoid's PX-51 is still on going. I know people say we have different audiences I am not as sure.

But here is a screen shot of some quarter scale mustangs. The 'A' model is out of FS2004 I think

View attachment 127421
I don`t think you have to worry about starting any drama, I may be speaking out of turn here, BUT, I think Tech would encourage you to do one. Techs. profile or your more scale models, I don`t think it matters, there`s certainly an audience for both of them.

Here are some random ideas. These are airplanes that have caught my eye over the last few months.

Aero Vodochodi L-29 Delfin
This is just a really cool looking airplane in my opinion. It doesn't have a prop, but maybe it could and still look good?
1200px-Aero_Vodochody_L-29_Delfin_Beetle_3rd_Pass_04_TICO_13March2010_%2814597429704%29.jpg

View attachment 127508

Douglas DC-5
I read that this Douglas civilian transport was overtaken by the events of WW2. I haven't seen it on the swaps at all. It would surely be a fun airplane in fun scale.
Douglas-DC-5-VH-CXC-Australian-National-Airways-1944.jpeg

Douglas-DC-5-NC-21701-3-Duggy009-Photobucket.jpg

dc-5.JPG

View attachment 127510

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
because why not! This would bring new meaning to the term Fun Scale! ?
View attachment 127507
35f9f8212f784cef491cd851e90b50a2.jpg

Piaggio Aero Avanti
How is this not a cool looking airplane!
View attachment 127506
P180rn.gif

the so-ugly-it's-beautiful
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk

This was in the Mad Max movies, but it's a legitimate agricultural airplane.
main-qimg-b6658c6eb1706de56822c3fabbcdf087

s96wq6cqt4321.jpg

View attachment 127504

yes DC-5 is nice. the airtruk looks weird but its shape is functional. if you watch the airtruk work the wing tip vertices help distribute the spray to the crops.
ScreenShot1640506465.jpg

that's similar to a dc-5 but it's not one, is it? ?
the dihedral on the horizontal stabilizer is a giveaway, and the windshield isn't quite the same.

Last edited:
that's similar to a dc-5 but it's not one, is it? ?
the dihedral on the horizontal stabilizer is a giveaway, and the windshield isn't quite the same.

It is supposed to be a dc-5. It was one of the first few planes i ported from fsx. And mistakes were made in certain spots. The other sim handle models very different and when i converted it over I changed some stuff at the windshield which broke the UVWmap. In short, the map over the wind screen is badly twisted and stretched.

Last edited:
Some photo references have a dihedral on the horizontal stabilizer and some don't. Either way, that sure is a good looking airplane.
?
edit: I just looked at the three-view that →I← uploaded... there's a dihedral on the horizontal stabilizer! ???

Last edited:
Back