Northop XB-35/YB-49 Build

Just a side note:
The XB-35 t 29 fly's super smooth in RF-X, probably the best of any aircraft, the frame rates are 110-120 on the ground and near 200 fps in the air.
I had to change all bombs to zero percent aerodynamics to get decent fps on the ground, otherwise I would get a slide show type of video display (4-30 fps) with the model rolling down the runway (RF-X should have fixed the detachment problem)
YES YES YES, I love this model, excellent work, thanks Legoman.

Legoman, have you figured out a way to alleviate the completely disappearing rotor blur above half throttle on helicopters, I have tried many settings but no luck yet, sure we can "enable daytime lights" in the editor but that looks fake.

Legoman, have you figured out a way to alleviate the completely disappearing rotor blur above half throttle on helicopters, I have tried many settings but no luck yet, sure we can "enable daytime lights" in the editor but that looks fake.

basically, I remove the rotor blur completely (not having one in the hierarchy). so, the blades are still visible at speed. you end up with a video/recording like effect of semi-still blades based of frame rate and head speed rather than the mk1 eyeball "auto blur" from them moving too fast for the brain to track.

Do you use Diskmount with inner and outer hubs linked to Mainhub.
Or do you use Mainhub, Flaps, and Leadlags only. Thanks for any information.

Do you use Diskmount with inner and outer hubs linked to Mainhub.
Or do you use Mainhub, Flaps, and Leadlags only. Thanks for any information.

Mainhub, Flaps, and Leadlags only. No disk mounts. is it the true fix ?‍♂️? it is what I have done.

Thanks for the reply Legoman, I am having trouble with one of my models that has the custom blades that I made, where the rotors completely disappear at any throttle setting above idle, I should mention this issue also occurs with any stock blade I select.
I will dump the Diskmount and inner and outer hubs, hopefully it will get a good result.

it seems like it is head speed based where it renders the disk or not

150 rpm starts appearing and accepts shadow cast on it

300 rpm it is visible

400-450 disappeared but still accepts shadows

1400 ish it starts to appear again,
and it is very visible by 1600 and higher.

tested to 9999 rpm rf would shut the engine off like when you hit the speed limiter at 10,000 (rip the blade 230 with 1500% strength hacks anchored to with a moki 250 with an overdrive instead of a gear reduction)
ScreenShot1644890402.jpg

UGH I should have kept my mouth shut and not gone to study all the helis, now I see it all the time, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me, I don't know how I never really noticed it before. LOL OH well

This is just a shot in the dark, but could it possibly be fixed by setting the Normal maps option in graphics preferences? I'm saying this because sometimes I can only see a rotor disk if light is reflecting off of it. ?

Yeah, it is a rotor head speed issue, I fixed my model earlier by reducing the engine to rotor ratio from 30 : 1 to 25 : 1 and the rotor blades now maintained more than 1400 rpm and became visible.
That is a monster gap of 450 - 1400 rpm where the blades disappear, it would be nice if RF fixed the problem.
You can see the effect in the vehicle editor, fly the Dominion 3D FBL and open the editor, switch to main rotor so you can monitor the rpm's, now you can see the blur disk appear/disappear with throttle/collective movement, crossing the magic 1400 rpm.
Okay now I am going back to flying the XB-35t 29, I still can not believe how perfectly smooth this "Wing" fly's.

it seems like it is head speed based where it renders the disk or not

150 rpm starts appearing and accepts shadow cast on it

300 rpm it is visible

400-450 disappeared but still accepts shadows

1400 ish it starts to appear again,
and it is very visible by 1600 and higher.

tested to 9999 rpm rf would shut the engine off like when you hit the speed limiter at 10,000 (rip the blade 230 with 1500% strength hacks anchored to with a moki 250 with an overdrive instead of a gear reduction)
View attachment 127960
This is off topic, but where did you get the hind from?

Back