pilot ejection

pilot07 said:
wait a minute "drag component" put one of them on the pilots head.... a parachute essentialy is a source of drag that slows the pilot down for less of an impact. :rolleyes:

Heh, yes...

Now we are in a different arena though...

You can't have that parachute be fully opened and part of the pilot... to drag him out of the cockpit...

HMMMMM....

Ok this is how i see it........ PIlot is Fuselage component....... plane is not controllable after the pilot breakes off but then you have the drag component somehow swing up at the flip of a swich.................... Im not sure how to make this work but could test it.....

That’s Right.
the Pilot seat could be Eject via a pair of scissor arms. and during the swing. the seat could also have a pair of Drag components come into form. (Don’t know how it would work if you were not going fast enough :(

It now leave us with a Chute design. and or a Mini glider from the seat. (Like Jetman but without the jet :cool:
or
A 30 second jet pack from the seat (Giving you 30 seconds to land 2 x :cool:

Done!

I just made something like that. it is on the swaps: ar-6 endeavor eject. it is more of a "bail out" than an ejection, jut the piolt still leaves the plane fast! check it out! :D

Superace said:
I just made something like that. it is on the swaps: ar-6 endeavor eject. it is more of a "bail out" than an ejection, jut the piolt still leaves the plane fast! check it out! :D

Just so ya know, this topic had died back in 2007. :p I'm working on a variant of your plane so that it has fire + no control after you flip the switch to make the Pilot bail.

But yeah, this topic was Way old.

Back