Pilot RC J-10

A little tip for better results for smoothing groups later. Make sure that each visible poly is made up of no more than 4 edges or 4 verts. I've attached an example of where to connect verts using your above pic. Polys made of more than 4 edges or verts is known as an ngon. FYI

Attachments

• Screenshot (166).png
    Screenshot (166).png
    543.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
And to kind of build on Boof69’s smoothing tip, select all the edges defining the wheel wells, outside and inside that make corners, and select hard edges in the edge select menu. You’ll need to probably redo the smoothing in Max, but this will make things look better in wings and prevent a lot of the shading issues you’ve got going on.

A little tip for better results for smoothing groups later. Make sure that each visible poly is made up of no more than 4 edges or 4 verts. I've attached an example of where to connect verts using your above pic. Pols made of more than 4 edges or verts is known as an ngon. FYI
it seems to do it when i extrude, but if i delete the gear hole i t goes back to normal?

it seems to do it when i extrude, but if i delete the gear hole i t goes back to normal?
fixed it by deleting the inside faces, as said before the real model so doesn't have wheel wells so its no big deal for now but thank you for the advice i'll be sure to use it the next time i run into that problem!

Looking real nice Woodzy,... I`ll be the first to admit, that I don`t know a lot about modeling, having only made one model for RF, but it looks like your poly count will be a ton less on this fuse, looking at the wire framing.

We all create ngons all the time to get the shapes of things we are trying to model. Then we go back and do some clean up. I am just suggesting connecting verts as I showed in the picture. I assume that is possible in wings. Not entirely sure though.

UT, I don't know anything I'm just learning from here, Googling stuff and pressing buttons as i go! ? ?
The pics below are the wells deleted entirely.
Screenshot (167).pngScreenshot (168).png

and some retract spotting!

Attachments

• Screenshot (169).png
    Screenshot (169).png
    274.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (170).png
    Screenshot (170).png
    409.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (171).png
    Screenshot (171).png
    340.7 KB · Views: 8
Umm.... am I the only one thinking this model only looks to be 10-12k polys? If you’re at 62k I feel like you still have an issue somewhere. Maybe the turbine?

As hungry on polys as it is on fuel! Think i might remake them.... ? ?

Attachments

• Screenshot (172).png
    Screenshot (172).png
    188.5 KB · Views: 10
Back