Problems with 6:00:50 and requests for future versions

Oh ya ..........
But I thought you were talking about something I had previously said that was incorrect or "bias"

Because what I said about Archer Is as true today
As it was then
And if it wasn't true then, It isn't true today.
So it WAS never true. Gee I never knew. :p :D

Last edited:
In multiplayer... when I mute someone... I would like to have their engine noises muted too!

I just hate when someone is blasting me with engine noise and that is my only objection to their flying. I for one don't like having nitro helicopters up in my face or some aircraft engines sitting there idling for 20 minutes.

If you don't like that opinion, I have others.

In multiplayer... when I mute someone... I would like to have their engine noises muted too!

I just hate when someone is blasting me with engine noise and that is my only objection to their flying. I for one don't like having nitro helicopters up in my face or some aircraft engines sitting there idling for 20 minutes.

If you don't like that opinion, I have others.

There is the Hide button for those people

Well, If I am going to hide everyone, why bother to join a session. It is just the engine noise that gets to be too much sometimes... like when someone hovers about a foot away from me... I don't mind the visual, but the noise seems to bother me as I get older.... don't get me started about using muzzles on children, those little high pitched darlings! Just seems to me that muting someone, should be all aspects of their noise, not just their microphone. I have several other opinions if you don't like that one.

There is the Hide button for those people

Last edited:
and this isn't a request thread.

hat36.gif

Talk about short term memory loss
Do you smoke a lot of reefer brields ?

Last edited:
Sorry about dragging this up again.....I would still like to mute the glow/gas engine noise and keep the voice and the visuals. If you mute a pilot it should be all their noise.

Well, If I am going to hide everyone, why bother to join a session. It is just the engine noise that gets to be too much sometimes... like when someone hovers about a foot away from me... I don't mind the visual, but the noise seems to bother me as I get older.... don't get me started about using muzzles on children, those little high pitched darlings! Just seems to me that muting someone, should be all aspects of their noise, not just their microphone. I have several other opinions if you don't like that one.

The Mute button only affects voice chat functionality (as you already know), and that is by design. We don't have a way to selectively mute all sounds for specific users.

Despite what you said above, if someone is flying in a way that you find annoying, that is a situation where we would expect you to make use of the Hide button. It's not a permanent action; you can unhide them after a while and see if anything has changed.

Have you played with the multiplayer simulation sounds reduction feature? By default, simulation sounds (meaning everything in the Audio->Simulation Sounds category in the Settings dialog) are reduced to 15% of their normal volume within a multiplayer session. You can tweak that percentage in the Settings dialog by selecting Multiplayer->Simulation Sounds Reduction (%). If it's still bothering you at 15% volume, though, you might prefer to have simulation sounds simply turned off while in MP. You can change them from Reduced to Off by selecting Multiplayer->Simulation Sounds from the main menu.

I know it's not what you're asking for, but I hope it helps.

Thanks Ryan... I do know of your suggestions and it helps and I can also reduce my system volume. It gets annoying when a user leaves a glo motor running right next to the spawn point and types BRB. Then leaves for 10 minutes. I do hide them and pretty soon I am flying all by myself.

I am asking more as a request for future versions. If I mute someone, I would like all of their sound gone. At times, I want to host an electric heli only (no planks) session. Yet I love the sound outdoors flying. The difference between planes and 3D helis is that they spend an unusual amount of time near the pilot.

Last edited:

Sorry about dragging this up again.....I would still like to mute the glow/gas engine noise and keep the voice and the visuals. If you mute a pilot it should be all their noise.

I am asking more as a request for future versions. If I mute someone, I would like all of their sound gone. At times, I want to host an electric heli only (no planks) session. Yet I love the sound outdoors flying. The difference between planes and 3D helis is that they spend an unusual amount of time near the pilot.

The Mute button only affects voice chat functionality (as you already know), and that is by design. We don't have a way to selectively mute all sounds for specific users.

Despite what you said above, if someone is flying in a way that you find annoying, that is a situation where we would expect you to make use of the Hide button. It's not a permanent action; you can unhide them after a while and see if anything has changed.

Have you played with the multiplayer simulation sounds reduction feature? By default, simulation sounds (meaning everything in the Audio->Simulation Sounds category in the Settings dialog) are reduced to 15% of their normal volume within a multiplayer session. You can tweak that percentage in the Settings dialog by selecting Multiplayer->Simulation Sounds Reduction (%). If it's still bothering you at 15% volume, though, you might prefer to have simulation sounds simply turned off while in MP. You can change them from Reduced to Off by selecting Multiplayer->Simulation Sounds from the main menu.

I know it's not what you're asking for, but I hope it helps.

A much better way to do it would be adding a Global Button for the room... Mute Other Pilot's Aircraft Sounds

- Voicechat would be unaffected. (Still could use the existing Mute for individual pilots)
- You could still Hide an individual pilot.
- Another property of this Global feature could be... you would hear only the sounds of the aircraft your camera is on... so if you switch your view to a given pilot... you would hear only his sounds.

This way, you could hear your own aircraft which is important in real flying. Voice chat would become much more understandable without a room full of engines & rotors. And you could still see all the other pilots flying!

The problem with the sound reduction and it's percentages is that it reduces your own aircraft sounds along with all others... so if you're drowned out at 8%, you're still drowned out at 40%. And I agree with previous posters, the Hide button works but why join a room if you end up with all the other pilots hidden?

Last edited:
Back