Problems with G5 install

Turbobitt

OK, I got my upgrade last night from Tower Hobbies. I have a current working version of G3.5 now. When I install the upgrade disk, the computer goes into it's autorun process and then the blue screen of death. The message in the blue screen states that windows has shut itself down to protect itself against damage. It also goes on to say that if I recently installed new hardware or software then to start in safe mode and remove it or something like that. There is also more jiberish about physical memory dump and other stuff that looks like a memory address.

Any Sggestions ?
Allan G.

You're late to the game, opjose! Your linked thread was inspired by this thread. :D

I got off the phone with tch support and it looks like I'm in the same boat with the old processors. Looks like I will have to wait for a patch.
Allan G.

I just got off the phone with tech support. Have a Pentium D (4) running at 3.0Ghz, 2.0 GB of Ram. Same blue screen problem during install. They are not sure if I fall into the range of affected processsors. Waiting for more info from Knife Edge.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ User

I didn't get the BSOD, but I got the send error report window. After clicking on the setup 2 folder and running setup2.exe instead, I received "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "NLVSCAN2.dll", error 126." Not sure if this additional info helps or not, but nevertheless, I'm anxiously awaiting a patch for the older CPUs.

MS Win7, RF G5 installation failure issues

Dear RealFlight support person,
I have tried several times to install RF G5 on the newly installed 64bit Windows 7 OS on my laptop.

It had previously installed fine under 64bit Vista, but now after installing Windows 7, it will not install.

I have corrected some driver issues, and uninstalled some software, some said may have created a problem, such as ITunes, and others, then I removed upper and lower buffers related to the DVD player in the registry, but RealFlight G5 still will not install.

I copied the DVD to a USB hard drive and tried installing from there but it gives a message about a previous installation failure and prompts to pull data fromt he DVD which it cannot access.

Every time I put in the RealFlight G5 DVD it spins up and keeps spinning at an inaccessable rate.

Most other CD's and DVD's are working fine, most do not speed up and maintain said speed like the RealFlight DVD does.

Albeit I had a problem installing MS Office, which I resolved by coping to the USB hard drive and successfully installing from there.

Also, RealFlight G5 will not install onto my AMD based Desktop system.
So now I cannot use it at all.

I hope corrections to be made on a DVD that can be used directly or by copying to a hard drive and then installing from that location without the need to access the DVD.

It would help if RealFlight was designed so that it could be copied to a hard drive and then installed from there when such instances of seeming incompatibility occur.

The current DVD always locks up windows explorer, "My Computer."
So I am stuck and RealFlight G5 is not working.
:eek: :mad: :confused: :confused:

I wish for christmas that all processors work for G5. Wishful thinking, but unfortunately thats ssomething Im sure will be a hard fix for KE or anyone else. Expensive too. I have an old dell optiplex that was toasted from just G3, so I know the feeling. But like the others said, best thing would be contact tech support, I'm sure they can atleast explain or give a little enlightenment into the problems or problem :)

Savage said:
Dear RealFlight support person,
The number you have dialed has been changed. The new number is http://gpsoftware.com/contacts.htm. Please make a note of it.

Seriously, we're just users here, just like you. Yeah, admins post from time to time, but this is not an official means of support. Call tech support, if that's who you need.

I had trouble loading G5 on my computer with G3.5. Support hellp me to load it in safe made witch worked fine but now I am having trouble trying to register it.

Savage,

I just bought a new laptop last Friday with Win 7 64-bit and G.5 installed with no problems at all. Sounds like your dvd drive or some other issue to me.

Help PLssss for install

help pls click setup.exe or autorun
erorr
erorrz.jpg

erorr imag

system
cpu : amd xp 1800
ram : 1 GB
vga : ati 9550 250 mb ddr2
windows xp sp2
Visual C++
DirectX 9 full