Propellor Naming Conventions?

Apedzink

I am relatively new to making Ralflight models. I've got my aircraft into the system and have it flying with the physics worked out. However, what naming conventions do I use so that I can see my propellers spinning using Realfight's proprietary props?

I assume it is related to ~CS_ENGINE1, and ~CS_SPINNER1 but whenever I try these it doesn't affect anything and the props are still invisible. What am I missing?

I am relatively new to making Ralflight models. I've got my aircraft into the system and have it flying with the physics worked out. However, what naming conventions do I use so that I can see my propellers spinning using Realfight's proprietary props?

I assume it is related to ~CS_ENGINE1, and ~CS_SPINNER1 but whenever I try these it doesn't affect anything and the props are still invisible. What am I missing?
Read the Propeller and Engine Setup section at this link.

https://forums.realflight.com/KEmax/plane_tutorial.php

There's also a lot of good information in the G4 Artists Reference.pdf at this link.

https://forums.realflight.com/KEmax/G4 Artists Reference.pdf

And in the engine section of the physics look for the Engine to Show entry and set it to your engine type (ELECTRIC, 2STROKE, 4STROKE) and set the Visual Frame to your ~CS_ENGINE1 object from the plane.

If you model an engine you can parent it to the FUSELAGE (it always shows) or you can parent it to the engine type. Parenting it to the engine type makes it possible to model more than one engine and control which one shows in the physics using the Engine To Show setting.

Engine to Show: 2STROKE<-2Stroke engine mesh.

Engine to Show: 4STROKE<-4Stroke engine mesh.

Engine to Show: ELECTRIC<-Electric Motor mesh.

Last edited:
Thanks, I read through both of those, and I think I have named everything accordingly. However, I assume now my biggest hurdle is creating the hierarchy, or is it pivot points. As it's still not figuring out the spinners and props. For some reason, my fifth engine also doesn't de-render itself as the others do, and my fuselage shape only shows up correctly in Realflight's physics engine when it's not the root object for some reason (in the picture it is named FUSELAGE. and doesn't have the proper geometry in the physics engine)
also, I think I am slowly getting the hand of blender more than 3d max but whatever is actually easier for all this, I'm all ears.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Read the Propeller and Engine Setup section at this link.

https://forums.realflight.com/KEmax/plane_tutorial.php

There's also a lot of good information in the G4 Artists Reference.pdf at this link.

https://forums.realflight.com/KEmax/G4 Artists Reference.pdf

And in the engine section of the physics look for the Engine to Show entry and set it to your engine type (ELECTRIC, 2STROKE, 4STROKE) and set the Visual Frame to your ~CS_ENGINE1 object from the plane.

If you model an engine you can parent it to the FUSELAGE (it always shows) or you can parent it to the engine type. Parenting it to the engine type makes it possible to model more than one engine and control which one shows in the physics using the Engine To Show setting.

Engine to Show: 2STROKE<-2Stroke engine mesh.

Engine to Show: 4STROKE<-4Stroke engine mesh.

Engine to Show: ELECTRIC<-Electric Motor mesh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-17 100207.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 100207.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-04-17 100224.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 100224.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-04-17 125011.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-17 125011.png
    1 MB · Views: 9
"Fuselage" It is the root frame therefore is automatically considered individual and it is the parent of all other parts.
Fuselage parent to the number of arms each of which will be named ~CS_Tailboom1 through the total number of arms present.
Those will be parent to their own corresponding ~CS_EnginePivot and finally as children of the EnginePivot you have ~CS_Spinner
and ~CS_Engine each of which will have the same number suffix as the tailboom they belong to.
the part of your model that will visually rotate will be your ~CS_Spinner objects. (motor outrunner case)
~CS_Engine is a piece of geometry that will not render in the game and it's pivot serves as the position to show the prop.
The prop is a part added by the sim and not modeled within a new model.

Hey guys, thanks for all your help. The model y'all were assisting with works perfectly, however, I wanted to start from scratch on Realflight. The original model was using physics from someone else's mod, and because of this would have to put two models onto my other systems, so I'm now using a Realflight proprietary aircraft.

But the issue I'm running into with this now is my VTOL motors are not at the right angle. Is this a problem with my pivots, or is it an issue elsewhere?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-21 232311.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 232311.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2024-04-21 232451.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 232451.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 8
Back