PX-51

here you go technoid. I've put your two screenshots next to each other so people can compare:
index.php

index.php

I started working on a new color scheme with a checkerboard on the nose but the fuselage needs to be mapped with two sides instead of a top, two sides, and a bottom so the fuselage needs to be remapped but I just don't want to remap it. So because of that I'm not sure I should release it so maybe I'll just finish what I'm working on and release a final beta and then stop working on it. The PX-51 became much more than I planned and I'm glad I created it because I love flying it but I just don't want to remap the fuselage and make more work for myself. But then again I don't want to release it and have people mad because they can't put a decent checkerboard on the nose so it seems like I should just leave it as a beta on the fourm. What do you guys think?

Don't bother remapping, use perspective on the checkers, most of the time they can be made to look okay.
Do you have a reference picture of the nose art. ?
I'm not sure what you're saying perspective is only a way of rendering the plane in 3ds Max, right? So how will it help me make a checkerboard look right on the plane in RealFlight? And is the reference picture you mention a picture of the checkerboard I've done that looks bad? Sorry I'm all questions. Ha !

Sorry I should have been more informative, I was referring to Photoshop perspective tool.
Thanks ASJ I've never used that tool in Photoshop it would be great if that will fix it. But for now I'm going to move on I was only testing it for others I don't care for the checkerboard on the nose myself. I was going to forget releasing it but as BrokeDad said "It's fine the way it is ! Plenty of other things you can do in a CS". So I'll release it when I'm finished and let the user decide if they want to mess with a checkerboard.

I think you should just keep it here. I think I'm done posting anything to swaps. It just get critiqued and torn apart for this or that. I have a ton of stuff I could post but for now I'll just share privately.

Surely someone will mention something wrong with it like the no wheel wells.
As much as people's opinions matter to me the most import is the people on the forum so I can live with what a person that just downloads it off the swap pages says without much heartburn.

I've been working on a new color scheme and it will probably be the release color scheme. I felt bad for a while because the checkerboard didn't work but I got over it. I still have a little work to do on this color scheme I'm going to move the nose stripe back to the center of the exhaust stack and make the Sizzlin' text a little larger. This color scheme is patterned after the Sizzlin' Liz color scheme but with my own flare so I left off the "Liz".

PX-51 46.jpgPX-51 45.jpg

Last edited:
Back