PX-51

Here's a little something I did up yesterday. It's a 3 meter 6S version of the Turbo Timber float plane with slats.
Enjoy while technoid tinkers more.

Attachments

• E-flite Turbo Timber 3m Float Plane 6S with slats_AV.RFX
    54.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenShot1629550427.jpg
    ScreenShot1629550427.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1629550453.jpg
    ScreenShot1629550453.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 10
Yeah, I was starting to get the impression that you prefer electric airplanes. And then I realized that you made this electric into a fuel-powered. Just gotta be different! ?

...or, maybe you could characterize yourself as.... ummmm..... thorough?

I like both. The old guy in me is a nitro guy (have a nitro heli) but it's become so expensive you don't see it a lot these days. It's also quite messy. Technoid told me he after flying the AV he removed the hole for the electric engine so it would look better. Very nice of him.

I'm working on some scaled up E-Flite models. I just don't like the teeny sizes. This one was quite difficult as I had to go to 300 to get a decent size. It really pushed the limits of what you can change in the physics to get it to fly properly. I called it 4 meter but it's really around 3.6 meter. Wish we could put the . in the names without going through a ton of manual editing.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1629590269.jpg
    ScreenShot1629590269.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 11
  • ScreenShot1629590399.jpg
    ScreenShot1629590399.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 10
Okay here's another beta for you to play with. There's been a small change to 3ds Max file and the physics was tweaked and I think it's the best one yet. Of course it has the new color scheme too. I also changed the battery from 5000 mah to 6000 mah so you get some extra flight time which helps me because I fly it a long time and run the battery down so the extra time is nice.

Controls are set for the InterlinkElite.

Canopy Retract: Channel 6 knob.
Gear Retract: Channel 7 switch.
Smoke: Channel 8 3 position switch forward (away from you).

PX-51 49.jpg

Attachments

• PX-51_EA.RFX
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 18
I was worried yesterday about my computer I rebooted it and it took A LONG time to boot and then had an error with a hard drive so I thought OH NO I haven't backed up this plane yet so I just lost everything. But the error was for an external USB 2 hard drive I've had for many years and that's bad because it has tons of stuff I've backed up for years. Anyway I shut the computer down and turned that drive off and rebooted again and everything was fine. But now I need to see what I can do with that drive to recover as much as possible. I've already tried the Windows Scan Disk error fix which ran for a long time and said it couldn't fix it but told me to try again so that's what I'm going to do now hopefully it will fix or at least disable the bad area so I can save what I can off that drive.

Last resort to recover a drive is the old Spinrite 6. If you need a copy let me know.
If it's the controller going bad you can just get a new external case. Having a stand alone duplicator on hand is nice too. I picked one of those up last year. It can also be used to connect two drives to PC normally.

Back