PX-51

Technoid, sorry to hear you are experiencing hard drive problems, do not use Windows scandisk more than a couple of times, scandisk will just overwrite the bad sectors and make it more difficult to retrieve the data, Spinrite will find the defective sectors, retrieve data, and write (move) the data to good sectors on the hard drive also Spinrite will mark the bad sectors so they will not get used again. I have used Spinrite on many occasions with very good results.
Take up BrokeDad's offer and grab a copy of him.
Will do thanks!

Another CS for the PX-51.
YES, I agree with all the other compliments on how good the model fly's.
Excellent work Technoid.
Thanks ASJ when I saw the picture in your post I was hoping you were going to do the checkers, they look great. Would you mind sending me an email with a short explanation on how you used that tool in Photoshop? Do you define segments and then pull them around to align the checkers? No matter how it works they look great.

I just made the last change to the PX-51 so I'll take a break and start thinking about the P-40. I wanted to change this for a while but kept putting it off since the plane was fine without it. What I did was move the landing gear forward .5 inch it looks a little better that way. There was a change to the 3ds Max file and I moved the gear in the physics and adjusted the CG back where it was, but there wasn't any change to the mapping. It fly's exactly the same as before this was just a small cosmetic change.

I made some changes to the LS nitro version. See what you think. Also just for fun I added guns. The switch is now Back = Smoke , Center = Normal, Forward = Fire 50 cal guns. There is also a belly cam which is good too see when you are firing. Lots of other little tweaks too.

Attachments

• PX-51 Nitro LS_AV.RFX
    46.4 KB · Views: 13
You could always stick two of these together and make the F-82 Twin Mustang. It's a dual boom plane.

1920px-North_American_XP-82_Twin_Mustang_44-83887.Color.jpg

Two things.

One. What do you think about P-51 Sport and P-40 Sport as release names? That would immediately tell a downloader this isn't a scale plane to try and set expectations.

Two. I downloaded lots of P-40 plans and found one I'm going to use but I had to rotate the fuselage to get it level why someone makes a set of build plans with the plane sitting at an angle like it would on the runway escapes me. Anyway I have a plan I'm going to use so the first step is finished.

I have to say I really love flying the PX-51 it's just my style.

Two things.

One. What do you think about P-51 Sport and P-40 Sport as release names? That would immediately tell a downloader this isn't a scale plane to try and set expectations.

Two. I downloaded lots of P-40 plans and found one I'm going to use but I had to rotate the fuselage to get it level why someone makes a set of build plans with the plane sitting at an angle like it would on the runway escapes me. Anyway I have a plan I'm going to use so the first step is finished.

I have to say I really love flying the PX-51 it's just my style.
good choices like you said , makes no doubt as to what your building :)

How's that drive coming along technoid ? I got my new dual slot SATA interface running. So I have my downed drive back plus I added another 8TB in the other slot. Maybe one day I'll have petabytes of storage. Or maybe even a yottabyte (1 septillion bytes). :sneaky:
Well I'm slow.. ha. I bought a new UPS for my wife's system so I want to install it and charge it for a day before I put the drive there and start Spin Rite on it so I'll get there but it'll be a bit before I get it going. Her UPS pretty much drops out right away so I wanted to replace it before I started fixing the drive there. She doesn't use her computer much so I can let it set for a whole day to give Spin Rite time to do it's magic, hopefully. Thanks !

Back