PX-51

Where can I get a good looking "foam" texture I'd like to see what this plane looks like as a foam plane. We're off to the Doctor again.. later.

If you look at the E-flite models like the ones I've done up recently up can see their foam texture. Maybe you can "steal" it from one of those. Here's one I don't think I've posted that has that. It's easier to see on these bigger versions.
ScreenShot1629829247.jpg

Attachments

• E-flite Twin Otter 4m Float Plane_AV.RFX
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
Yeah I seem to remember Boof giving him that texture maybe it's still on a forum post somewhere. You really need the full texture to make sure you don't see a seam at any transitions if you need a larger piece of foam.
It might be in the T-33 build thread, I seem to recall Boof posting it that thread...I`m thinking somewhere towards the end of it, I believe that`s when Donamy brought up the idea of doing a "foamy" of the plane, because "Freewing" had just come out with there T-33.

I looked through the T-33 thread but didn't see a texture, unless I missed it. I'll see what Doug says.
Well, I just looked as well, Boof does mention how he did it for his foam texture CS on the T-33 on pg. 5, posts 89>92, ....but no, he didn`t post a "texture" that you`d have access too. just a method. which is over my head, but you might understand it.

Well, I just looked as well, Boof does mention how he did it for his foam texture CS on the T-33 on pg. 5, posts 89>92, ....but no, he didn`t post a "texture" that you`d have access too. just a method. which is over my head, but you might understand it.
Yeah I saw that he was talking about how he selected the panel lines in the normals tga by desaturating them. That would make strong panel lines with just a few colors so he could select them. Thanks for looking.

I added some panel lines on the wings and also added a layer in the main CS file to darken the panel lines a little. Take a look at this and tell me what you think. Every time I do anything with panel lines I don't like it so is this worth doing or should I just shelve it? I still need to add panel lines to the hstab.

PX-51 53.jpg

Okay thanks guys I guess they look okay I'm just never happy with any panel lines I make. So I'll go ahead and put the panel lines on the hstab and finish it out. I do plan to go around "by hand" once I'm finished and remove or very much lighten any panel line that crosses the white areas of the decals. I think panel lines look bad when they cross those areas because on the real plane that area would be white paint and not show a panel line.

Back