Pzl p1

any clues you guys can give, just looking at these pics would be helpful. Second pic is looking at the bottom of the fuse, why the shading/do I have to worry about it

Attachments

• ScreenShot079.jpg
    ScreenShot079.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot081.jpg
    ScreenShot081.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
Highlight the areas Ive outlined in red. open the menu and select "HARDNESS>HARD. Do this anywhere that a defined edge will be, such as where the deck meets the fuselage, back face of the spinner, rear faces of the fuselage etc. You are dealing with smoothing groups. Only in wings, its referred to as hard edges.

Attachments

• placo-sportsman-article_page_1-horz1.jpg
    placo-sportsman-article_page_1-horz1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
I still have to "add" to the cockpit area, and extrude the rear of the fuse a little, will it still be ok to do what your sugg. What about the shading on the bottom of the fuse. Thanks Andy:D

You can add/remove the hard edges at any time. To remove, select soft instead of hard. For the bottom, make your firewall edges hard.

Yup, that helps. Again, red=hard edges

BTW, did you get the PMs I sent?

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Also, when showing that type of view, hit W to show the wireframe on top. Hit again to remove. Seeing that might also give clues to odd shading like on the bottom of the fuselage.

Here's a comparison shot. One side has hard edges, one doesnt. Can you tell which is which?

Attachments

• ScreenShot078.jpg
    ScreenShot078.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 10
Only the left side of the model. The entire right side has had them removed. Notice the shading on the fuse bottom. Once you do a few, you'll get the hang of it fairly quick.

OK, so I deleted that mess and extruded from the red face after removing the two verts. that were there, this gave me only one face instead of three to extrude. There are now six verts that I made hard (orange line), right/wrong ??????, what do I do at this point, before I go any further ???? I`m trying to add pics. not having any luck:mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• ScreenShot083.jpg
    ScreenShot083.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2
Best thing, loop cut that front box off. Then, extrude all faces that you want to bring forward.

UT, I'm about to head home for lunch. If you want,send me your file, and I'll duplicate your fuselage and show you what I'm talking about. If you extrude those faces, you'll end up in the same situation as before. You'll actually create two faces on top of each other.

The rest of the pics

Attachments

• ScreenShot084.jpg
    ScreenShot084.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot085.jpg
    ScreenShot085.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot086.jpg
    ScreenShot086.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot087.jpg
    ScreenShot087.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot088.jpg
    ScreenShot088.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Andy :eek::eek::eek::eek::D Done

Attachments

• ScreenShot091.jpg
    ScreenShot091.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot090.jpg
    ScreenShot090.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot089.jpg
    ScreenShot089.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 2
What happens is, when you extrude, you're creating faces all the way around what you extrude. Along with those faces, comes extra verts. There's several ways to fix it, but this was the simplest way. Each circumstance may need different fixes though, so be careful to avoid that mistake. If it happens again, just let me know.

Back